When will Circuit Zolder be ready?

Saw this thread today and a post within it from iRacing staff Tony Gardner:

Tony Gardner said:
Oulton Park is planned to be in for next build, doing a lot of different track configurations, at least 5 or 6 including some historic configurations like knicker brook which I guess they don't run any more because too dangerous.

Also, good progress being made on adding NTM to more cars and generally advancing the model itself (along with cars that already have the NTM) in the areas Dave K discussed in his forum post at the start of this season.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1815750.page

I wish they would do tracks like Monza, Melbourne, Singapore, and boy could I go on and on... Anything F1 drives on I'm there for sure but they keep doing these out in the woods, middle of nowhere tracks like Langley for crying out loud...

I wish they would do tracks like Monza, Melbourne, Singapore, and boy could I go on and on... Anything F1 drives on I'm there for sure but they keep doing these out in the woods, middle of nowhere tracks like Langley for crying out loud...

Not that I'm a fan of Langley, but it's hardly in the middle of nowhere. You have to go to Mid-Ohio or Martinsville for that :).

Not that I'm a fan of Langley, but it's hardly in the middle of nowhere. You have to go to Mid-Ohio or Martinsville for that :).

lol I didn't really mean middle or nowhere. However some of these short tracks they are adding are pretty much the same as some that are already in iRacing other than the name and what is around them such as the stands. Don't get me wrong I like short track races myself too but geez there have been other tracks in the pipeline for a long time now.. hehehe

I don't quite understand why they do scan new ovals all the time. I understand it's a big thing in America and many people enjoy it, but all ovals are... you know, oval. Pretty much the same all the time, aren't they? :D All right, I'm exagerrating slightly, but seriously, is it so big difference? I have zero experience on ovals so it's a mystery to me.

For the oval fans, even slight differences in the tracks create setup (mostly) and racing challenges that keep them apart. While there are certainly near-twins (California and Michigan, Texas and Las Vegas) even they have variations, and while Bristol and Martinsville are both 1/2 mile short tracks, they are as different as Spa is to Monaco.
It may be that the short tracks are relatively easy to model, so they can get the track count up without as much effort.

Personally, I'd like to see: Zolder, Miller, Interlagos (apparently they tried and ran into issues getting the equipment into the country), Lausitz, Dijon-Prenois, Aragon (yes, a Tilke track, and I usually despise them), and - just for kicks - Nelson Ledges.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back