When wiill Stock Car Extreme work on Windows 10?

Hi, I have today updated my PC to Windows 10 and I had the bad surprise that the game won't launch. I saw on another thread that SCE isn't compatible with the OS, but will it ever be ? And as I think it is likely to be upgraded, when will it be ?

They game runs, but i have poor performance. Whats going wrong?
My Graphig Cards have Usage to max 60% and my CPU Usage max 55%,
but my Frames go down to 54 FPS. At WIndows 8.1 i have 80 - 120 FPS in
ever Scene.

Hmmm?

I installed it yesterday and after about an hour or so, went back to Windows 7. When I tried to play SCE, it kept throwing an alert up in the bottom right hand corner telling me that SCE was trying to use the graphics card, well no sh@@ Sherlock. Couple that with the fact that NR2003 and Tiger Woods couldn't be played on W10, and Assetto Corsa and R3E had HUGE frame rate drops and I went back.

Works perfectly here on 10162 and every other version/driver combo I tested.

w10 snuck the default drivers back onto my system again and I didn't even notice, thought I was still running 15.7 ;)

Performance uplift in every title so far, including GSCE

Last edited:
I did clean install with Windows 10 on my PC, so I had to reinstall the game due to d3dx9_30/d3dx9_40 issue (which was not fixed by installing DirectX nor by manually placing the files).

Now it's all good :)

I'm getting random spikes in framerate in Windows 10 in beta and standard versions, very noticeable on the pit straight and some corners in Taruma. Very distracting! I have a Titan X and latest drivers, so this shouldn't really be an issue. Anyone else seeing this?

EDIT: I set Opponent Detail to low and it seemed to fix this. Just thought I'd mention in case somebody else is having the same issue!

Last edited:
I'm getting the micro stuttering too. before I was well happy with GSC perf, now I'm not... tried turning off shadows a time scale doesn't really cure it, SV8 at imola at certain time of evening 30fps!!! 18 cars

AC for me is running a dream, almost full whack @60fps (bar ultra reflections)

Possible tweaks

Check your config.ini file and see if it has settings that reflect your computer and video card's RAM properly:

CPURating=5
SystemRAM=8192
VideoRAM=4096
ObjDetail=5
TexDetail=5

Also in SCE Config util leave the Shader Level on Auto instead of DX9.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%