When is the Next Update? Assetto Corsa

Won't mind that. AC's Lotuses are surprisingly good. I just can't wait for Kunos to get around to doing a Vette, Mustang, Viper, Camaro, Challenger, the list is endless. The sim is so fascinating with what cars they have already released, I would love for those cars to get the Kunos treatment, especially if they release the production versions along with racing versions, like they seem to be doing with everything else.

Last edited:
Simone (Kunos track builder) was telling me about the 98T...I'm already scared of it just from a few sentences he told me. So many people are going to be complaining about how "broken" that car is if it drives anywhere near what he was describing.

Here is what he had to say:
The 98T is completely different from the 49, It's a REAL bitch. Ground effect starts after 60 miles per hour but it's more effective on the front, so the car must be set up with more wing on the back, otherwise you'll oversteer at high speed (not safe). This makes the car VEEERY underseery at low speed, but IMMEDIATELY oversteery as the turbo kicks. At high speed, the ground effect sucks the car into always more downforce (the lower the car the more ground effect, the more ground effect the lower the car)... UNTIL it stalls, most of the times because you touch the ground, and you loose grip immediately.
At the end: you take a bend at 100 and you understeer because you don't have enough grip, you take it at 110 and you overdrive the tyres >>> understeer, you take it at 105 and you're on the rails... always with an engine that is DEAD under 8k rpm and has the limiter at 11k (or 13k in qualify setup). Have fun. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aris has said that the old addage a car isn't hard to drive until you drive it fast goes out the window with this beast.

Even in a semi-sim like F1 2013 i thought those turbo charged Lotuses were dogs, the Turbo lag is a bitch.
In a game where most cars are pretty easy to drive, you hit the throttle, it feels like there's good grip... and then the power kicks in and you are in "no man's land".

And that is in a game that doesn't have half of the details you just pointed out...

Check out Neils driving one if rfactor. He is knackered!
I like how he mentions that the turbo's not even being simulated there... it always kicks in extra power at the exact same rpm. Which is at least predictable.

AC's is gonna come on when it feels like it.

As for modders making American cars... yeah, I hope so. I might contribute to that if Kunos don't announce something soon. Thinking maybe an 87 Firebird (exact year & trim level depending where I can find good info).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%