When is it necessary, if at all, to run as administrator and/or compatibilty mode ?

I already brought this up in the thread below about PaceNote and HDR, but I am still wondering if and when it is necessary to run RBR or RSRBR as administrator and/or in a Windows compatibilty mode.

In the thread below I wrote that after UNchecking Administrator and Compatibilty for RBR I was able to run PaceNote plugin and HDR plugin as well. But meanwhile I have started to install the RSRBR 2015 mod and in the tutorial on rallyesim.fr I am urgently advised to run all the exe's as administrator AND in Windows Vista mode. And from that tutorial I understand that they mean that that is also required when the game is not installed in the default Program Files folder. All my games, including (RS)RBR, are on a separate D partition.

Does anyone know an answer ? And if possible not only for (RS)RBR but in general.
Thanks in advance.

Hmm. Never used comp. mode for anything other than Grand Prix Manager 2 (win 95 - 256 colors) and Championship Manager 2001/2002 (memory bug on Vista -> up).

Never seen any point in it actually. Never noticed anything different either. If it doesn't run correctly, then you can try comp. mode. But if it runs correctly from scratch. No need to "fix" it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%