GT5 When can we buy the Ferrari F2007?

Of course in GT5P, in the "S class" events, I just don't seem to clear a few events, like the ones on Fuji Speedway F, last one @ Suzuka & the 1 lap overtaking challenge in a Ferrari F40.

So I made 2,000,000 credits by repeatedly playing the F40 Challenge hoping to buy a F2007 & clearing the Suzuka & Fuji events using the same. But I couldn't buy that car & now I am in a real soup as I can't figure out how to proceed.

The Ferrari 599 looked promising but couldn't score much on acceleration, braking & cornering. So what car should I purchase now & how should I tune it in order to win? Since there are plenty of tight bends with big gradients I should keep the Ist & 2nd gear ratios high & may be pick a car like Nissan GTR 07 or something.

So to conclude, which car, what settings & when will I get to buy that Ferrari F2007? :dont-know::go-away:

Update: Did a 3rd position in the Ferrari F40 challenge thanks to some relentless practice.
As to clearing the 750 class Fuji & Suzuka events, tried a WIDE variety of cars, from Blitz to Amuse to Mine's to Chevrolet AM, but have to conclude that cars to the extreme right af the garage, specifically tuned Corvette C6, Ford GT LM & Dodge are the best bet.
At least I could keep up with the rest of the pack with the Corvette, not amongst the distant last 3-4. 10th pos was the position in the Corvette, but it can easily be improved. Any guidance for tuning this car is most welcome.

Yeah you said it mate. Yesterday tried all possible cars that could make the cut, but again I was most effective in the Corvette. But 9th position in Fuji & 12th in Suzuka (!!!) was the best that I could manage. In Fuji at least I was able to keep at the tail of the frontrunners but couldn't even do that in Suzuka..
I had great expectations from the Ford GT LM car but the rear wheels kept on slipping at the slightest twitch even after making all possible tuning combinations, making it impossible to compete in.

They are 1) Race: S-7 - Tuned Car Battle Track: Fuji Speedway Laps: 5
Performance Points: 700 1st: 35,000cr
Starting Position: 16th of 16 2nd: 20,000cr
Penalty Level: 3 3rd: 17,500cr

& 2) Race: S-10 - Tuned Car Battle Track: Suzuka Circuit Laps: 5
Performance Points: 700 1st: 35,000cr
Starting Position: 16th of 16 2nd: 20,000cr
Penalty Level: 3 3rd: 17,500cr
BTW there's some cool info here:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/granturismo5prologue/show_msgs.php?topic_id= m-1-42632951&pid=942026
& thanks for helping..

Yippee!!! cleared the Fuji Event in the Corvette.. here's a very small glimpse of the major tactics I used - slipstreaming, following the racing line & precise throttle & steering control:
Sorry for the poor quality, shot it in a digicam :)
Will try the Suzuka one later, probably Tomorrow..

Set up tips would be received very gratefully. :)
Well as far as I remember for the Corvette I kept fairly high power (525 PS) & weight (1128 kg fr & 99 kg rear - the weight somewhat helped me push off cars (esp. Art Morrison :) ))at corners & compromised on the aero as I found the car inherently good to handle.
Aero 15 25
Ride ht. 0 0
Sp. rate 7 5
Damper 3 3
Toe out / in 0.04 0.04
Camber 0.5 0.5
Brake bal 5 5
Max turning angle 48 deg
TC 1
ABS 1
Gear ratios: 2.66 1.78 1.3 1 0.74 0.5, 3.42 final

Well as far as I remember for the Corvette I kept fairly high power & weight (the weight somewhat helped me push off cars (esp. Art Morrison :) at corners & compromised on the aero as I found the car inherently good to handle.
Suspension & damper values were high & camber was 0.5 on both wheels. Toe-in was 0.3. As currently I'm in office I can't get the exact values but will get em back when I get home.

Nice one mate. Your set up for the F40 overtake challenge would be extremely helpful too

I suppose we can't change the setup for the F40 overtake challenge as the game wants us to compete in the default setup. But yes, I think we can set basic stuff like driving physics, traction control & ABS etc. before the game loads. Apart from setting everything at toughest, I think I did keep TC &/or ABS at 1 as I did experience a lot of skidding when they were OFF.
But I assure you when you get the hang of it, like after many constructive iterations where you put your learnings together, your performance will nearly always be "close to winning".

Edit: Really sorry for the above statement. I could change the car setup when I tried & cleared the challenge again with this setup :)

ASM OFF
Power 451 PS
Wt 1243 92
Rd ht -2 -2
Sp Rt 9 5
Damper 5 3
Toe out 0.04 0.04
Camber 0.5 0.5
Br Bal 6 6
Max turning angle 48 deg
TC 1
ABS 1
Gr ratios: 3.283 2.134 1.422 1.068 0.846, 2.9 final
:soccerball:

:male-fighter2:
I've now also cleared the final Suzuka race albeit by reducing the difficulty a bit.
For starters I used the car that looked impossible previously: the Ford GT LM spec II Test Car.
Yes, thats right, & I did some serious anti-drifting tuning after reading stuff here & there. Now its just a million credits ;) that keeps me from buying the F2007!

Here's the setup:

ASM ON Driving physics: Standard
Power 471 PS
Wt 1013 87
Aero 11 33
Rd ht -4 +1
Sp Rt 10 2
Damper 4 2
Toe out/in -0.02 +0.01
Camber 0.4 0
Br Bal 5 5
Max turning angle 45 deg
TC 1
ABS 1
Gr ratios: 2.610 1.710 1.230 0.940 0.770, 0.630; 3.360 final
:soccerball:

Rudra! I cannot thank you enough. I cleared, (read: got 3rd place), the F40 overtake challenge as soon as I'd dialled in your setup!

I've also given the Ford GT LM Spec II a go with your setup and it feels so good to drive! 1st attempt and I got 4th place! That's a massive improvement over where I was before so thanks again! Only need to try a little harder and I'll get that elusive 3rd spot!

Gonna try the Vette later on tonight or first thing tomorrow morning. Which Vette is it? The standard one?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%