When are you faster?

I have only had the game a few days now, and have spent a lot of my time on 'Nordschleife', I have noticed I seem to go faster if I am trying to keep / catch up with someone?

What do you guys prefer? A chase, or an open road?

:chuck:

I am usually faster when directly racing another driver, mainly because if I am behind them I will look and push for opportunities to pass them, picking at their every slight mistake to get myself closer to them.

As for when I am being chased by another racer, well nobody wants to give up their position do they ;)

I generally set the best lap times when I have the track (or at least my bit of it) to myself. That said, I get the most enjoyment out of chasing down and (hopefully) passing another driver of equal ability. The "cat and mouse" game of overtaking is what racing is all about for me. :D

• Graydon McKee

I'm faster on my own but I really need to practice being in traffic. Not so much for figuring out when to pass someone but rather for how not to run someone else off the road. I'm new to all this so that's my biggest challenge right now.

• Nick Price

always faster out on my own or following by a few seconds...

i seem to drive different lines on some types of corner to alot of guys out there so once i get within a second or so, their road positioning screws with my lines and i have to try to drive in their wheel tracks to avoid hitting them on corner exits (i tend to exagerate the wide entry fast exit style on long sweeping corners, i suck in traffic at brands hatch lol)

Faster when i am alone, but the battles are more fun.
I've experienced that when i'm driving last or almost last i drive the quickest. Mainly because then i feel the need to get to the one in front off me, and then you can't screw up, or you get back or get off the track.

Lose too much time battling with other cars for positions overtaking each other and stuff but if am trying to catch a car in front or I have clear air I go faster naturally due to having the whole track to my self and push round it without any other cars interfearing.

Either alone, but sometimes especially in races I put in my best laptimes when I am following somebody (e.g. after being lapped or due to pit stops) whom I know is significantly faster than me, so I know, I will not be able to overtake or catch up.
Interesting enough I even do not pay deliberatly attention to their race line or braking points.

When I have somebody in front of me or right behind me, who is 'my league' I tend to drive more carefully, doubt I am fast in those laps.

I prefer a track all to myself, no distractions.
Normally when I'm racing to catch, or overtake another driver, I push to hard, and eventually the tyres go too.
But I see why you could go faster against another driver, slipstreaming as well. :)

Regards

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 331 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing