PC1 When and why did they change Sakitto?

Haven't been playing this game for quite a while and just now I noticed that the building at the start/finish line is changed.
It used to be a very nicely modeled oriental-styled building, but now it's replaced with a very simple board. The icon of the circuit is also changed (which makes sense because the building in the old icon is no longer in the new version of the circuit).

Comparison:
Before:
After:

Does anyone has any inside story why they made this change? I don't think PCars has the actual Suzuka license, and this building makes the in-game track resemble the real thing even less. So I don't think they made the change for the sake of licensing issue.

Is there a way to bring that building back by any chance?

Last edited:
Wow how d you notice that? I had to look a few times to realise what you were talking about. Unfortunatelly that's the first I've heard of it.

Indeed PCars does not have the Suzuka license and for that reason the track layout is slightly different in a few parts.

Wow how d you notice that? I had to look a few times to realise what you were talking about. Unfortunatelly that's the first I've heard of it.

Indeed PCars does not have the Suzuka license and for that reason the track layout is slightly different in a few parts.
Well... C'mon that's a huge building model... I'm actually surpirsed that nobody talks about it. I can't find anything related to the change of this 3D model in the changelog. They've done it very quietly.
I mean I understand they don't have a proper license, but why removing something that makes the in-game track resemble the real thing even less?
I really like how that building is modeled, and I do think that guy who made that model probably feel bad about his hard work being removed.

my guess would be that, for whatever reason, SMS thought it'd help their chances at obtaining suzuka in the future.

unfortunately honda seem to be on the edges of reason at best with their demands & we won't see it in any sim anytime soon (outside of iR & RR who were presumably lucky enough to secure rights before the cost became obscene). i could see kunos splashing out for it regardless, but with the porsche packs, i'd much rather see le sarthe now if an obscene amount is to be directed at one track.

my guess would be that, for whatever reason, SMS thought it'd help their chances at obtaining suzuka in the future.

unfortunately honda seem to be on the edges of reason at best with their demands & we won't see it in any sim anytime soon (outside of iR & RR who were presumably lucky enough to secure rights before the cost became obscene). i could see kunos splashing out for it regardless, but with the porsche packs, i'd much rather see le sarthe now if an obscene amount is to be directed at one track.
If SMS were to secure a Suzuka license, my guess would be that they will put it in PCars 2 (similar to what happens to Indy), so I still think changing the model and stuff on Sakitto in PCars 1 is kind of waste of time and effort.

Anyways they must have their reason to make the change. Man I do miss that building. I like something outlandish on a track.

I'm not even looking around when i'm driving, but I admit it is weird that they would take it out after all this time. No idea, best to ask at the official forum, there's bound to be someone who knows or suspects the reason.

A little late to the party :)

Are You talking about the "Ferris wheel" ?

Or any other real life building from around the Suzuka track, then it is a licensing thing 4 sure :)

Edit: I see "ORIENTAL LOOKING BRIDGE AT START" , it's not at the Suzuka track so that is a good question....I'll ask :)

Last edited:
So here is Your answer :)

"yes that's why they removed it. (licence problems) but it is real."

"It was a licensing thing, and the fact that the bridge doesn't belong to the track in reality does not mean that you can copy it and put it on another track in an official racing game. In these things, any landmark or specific characteristic can be licensed and especially when used in a similar context (i.e. a racing game) you cannot place it in different surroundings and think you circumvented licensing with that :) "

The bridge belongs to a Korean Grand Prix track.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/10/11/2012-korean-grand-prix-thursday-pictures/kore-2012-3/

http://biser3a.com/formula-1/korean-gp-2011-free-practice-pictures/

Last edited:
It's a beautiful bridge IRL, and it added character to the Pcars version.

I will go on record that I like Sakitto MORE than Suzuka. It's entirely possible that in my life I've just raced on Suzuka too much. Maybe little changes would make me like Cataluyna and Nurburgring GP again. But I love the flat out blast to the front straight and I like the fast left hander in place of the hairpin.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back