Wheelstand Pro + Logitech Driving Force GT

Hi all,

I want to buy this combo, does anyone think this is a good starter kit? i've played with a wheel when i had F1 2005 on the ps2 but since i transferred to the Ps3 i used my controller since it wasnt compatible with the ps3.. I know there are better wheels on the market but you will automatically pay 100 euro more for them, please post your thoughts!

Thanks

JV

That should do you for starters, but the wheel isn't that great and the pedals are no where near good, let alone great. The problem is, if you are trying to get quality, you have to pay for it and at the price range of the DFGT, it is probably the best.

Upvote 0
As a previous owner of a DFGT+Wheelstand pro it gets my :thumbsup:

But really if you can afford the extra $100-$150 for a G27 you will get a wheel and pedals that will last you most of your sim racing career. The pedals alone are a world apart from the DFGT's. I have seen the G27 on sale fairly often for $250-$300 (CAD).

If you can't part with the extra $ then at least make sure you bungee cord your DFGT pedals.

Upvote 0
As a previous owner of a DFGT+Wheelstand pro it gets my :thumbsup:

But really if you can afford the extra $100-$150 for a G27 you will get a wheel and pedals that will last you most of your sim racing career. The pedals alone are a world apart from the DFGT's. I have seen the G27 on sale fairly often for $250-$300 (CAD).

If you can't part with the extra $ then at least make sure you bungee cord your DFGT pedals.

Nah i can't really go fo a G27, because THe wheel + stand brings me up to a value of 205,- and yeah, a g27 will like bring up to 400,- Perhaps might go for a better wheel when the DFGT Is done and my Simracing skills will be a bit better. I saw on youtube the bungee cord mod and many said it won't work as good as a reasonable braking pedal, therefore people use a small "squash" ball it's soft, and they put it underneath the pedal for resistance and that works fairly well so i might do that. Thanks for the feedback!

Upvote 0
I drove with the predecessor of the GT, I had the pro. The wheel was great, though it did have an issue with the paddle buttons after a couple of years. The pedals made it hard to be consistent as the accuracy lacks a lot. At the very least, invest about 25 euro's in Leo Bodnar's USB cable for the pedals. It will increase the resolution of the pedals by bypassing the wheel and going straight to the PC.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years