Does the wheel work normally in other games?

Are you new to the game or did RBR work with your previous wheel? If you've played RBR before with another wheel, you may have to delete the profile and create a new one, although maybe you should still try things like "Redetect the wheel" (in the controller setup) or connecting the wheel to another USB port first to see if they make a difference (it goes without saying that you must not switch USB ports with the game running).

Have you installed/updated the latest firmware/drivers from the Thrustmaster website https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/cat-wheels-en/ ?

Does the wheel work normally in other games?

Are you new to the game or did RBR work with your previous wheel? If you've played RBR before with another wheel, you may have to delete the profile and create a new one, although maybe you should still try things like "Redetect the wheel" (in the controller setup) or connecting the wheel to another USB port first to see if they make a difference (it goes without saying that you must not switch USB ports with the game running).

Have you installed/updated the latest firmware/drivers from the Thrustmaster website https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/cat-wheels-en/ ?
Hi. It works perfect with other games like Dirt Rally, AC,iRacing...
I played RBR with a keyboard and it worked but now as I got TMX i want to experience more. I played with some settings in RBR but it dosen't recognise my wheel i tryed with all buttons ( pedals also) but it does nothing.

Well, that is just weird and very unfortunate because if my memory serves, TMX is just an xbox version of T150, so barring any possible driver issues, surely a TM wheel would support RBR without questions. Obviously RBR is not exactly plug and play with wheels by any means, but if you have updated RBR to v1.02; and you have the wheel plugged in before running the game; and the profile isn't corrupt (hence the idea of deleting and re-creating the profile), the game should recognise your wheel and you should be able to assign controls just as easily as with a keyboard (except for steering that with certain wheels can be more tricky than it should be). That's a lot of "woulds" and "shoulds", yes, but then again, I'm stumped, I don't know what to say, or if I was to put it vulgarly (because why not), I've shot my load. #loadwatch

EDIT. Actually I do have one final note (how can I be so forgetful!) which is that you should always launch RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe instead of RichardBurnsRally.exe (and link any possible desktop shortcuts directly to it as well). And after you've got everything to work properly, you can read this: https://vauhtimurot.blogspot.com/p/setting-up-your-wheel.html

Last edited:
From what I have found on the net this seems to be a standard DirectX device.

So I would recommend to install the up-to-date DirectX runtime from Microsoft (should not be hard to find). This is required for Pacenote Plugin anyway.

Then you can run "dxdiag" (type this in the Windows "Run" dialog) to list your attached devices. If your wheel is not listed there, it does not make sense to try RBR detecting it at all. If dxdiag does not recognize your wheel, RBR wouldn't do either.
Usually switching USB ports sometimes helps, maybe using a 2.0 port does the trick. Or removing other USB devices if not required (hard drives etc ...).

I'm absolutely certain that The Bee already solved this one with his nail-hitting DirectX suggestion. It made so much sense the minute I read it that I blatantly stole the very idea (like I always do) to put it to test elsewhere and I know that since it has already solved several problems of similar nature for others.

The Bee knows his RBR, he really does. In fact, let's be clear on this: porridge has learned EVERYTHING about RBR from The Bee and currently porridge knows hell of lot about RBR.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%