Wheel settings for Fanatec GT3?

Back in beta I found the Saleen and Aquila cars GREAT, I loved the feeling and feedback I got through my wheel back then. Yesterday I decided to test the Mclaren MP4-12C and compare it with SRW and iRacing, and to my surprise R3E felt absolutely worst of the three (I expected it to be better than SRW at least).
It felt horrible, really disconnected from the car/road, the wheel feels numb, unresponsive and not giving me any feedback from the car and track at all.
So I wonder if this is down to my wheel setup which probably have changed a lot since beta, or if it's me who have changed and I expect something else / more from a sim these days, dunno but I hope someone out there who find R3E to feel great on their Fanatec wheel can share their settings (profiler, on wheel and ingame) with me so I can try to get back to that feeling I once had in the game.

i think this is what im using at this moment ....

wheel is ff 080/100 sho/abs 085 its set for paddles and clubsports plugged into the wheel so you may need to rebind as needed.....

Andi

Attachments

• Fanatec Porsche GT3RS rfty_unique.rcs
    15.9 KB · Views: 483
Thanks Andi, using those and they feel pretty good, a bit stiff but i havent tried changing anything yet. I did however find the reason why it felt so weird to me, it was lag or something like that, changed my gfx settings from Auto to Low then Medium and the two latter works a lot better, less feeling of spongy steering and being disconnected!

Andi: There are some parameters in your ControlSet file which i don't have in my ControlSet.

e.g.
Code:
Analog interpolate return multiplier="0.1" // Interpolate speed multiplier when the wheels are returning towards the center
or
Code:
Speed Sensitive Steering Minimum Speed, in meters/second="0.0"
Speed Sensitive Steering Maximum Speed, in meters/second="0.0"
From where these parameters come from?

Hi Andi, Not sure if we should continue in this thread or move to the rcs control file thread but will ask this question here. I now have a US clubsport Fanatec wheel and V2 pedals but since your settings are for the GT3 wheel do they work for either wheel? Still new to setting up wheels and in R3E I seem to be using different settings for every car which isn't the way I have done it in any other SimBin titles. I too had very strange feel in the McLaren!! Haven't driven it since the first time after I bought it. On the other hand the RUF cars are incredible.
Question#2 - which setting takes precedence, Settings in the wheel software, settings directly in the wheel or the ones in the game? Very confusing even though the wheel is fantastic and a big jump up from my former G27. Thanks, Keith

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%