Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

I'm still struggling to get the right steering feel, for example, the parabolic Monza I have to slow down so much to get into corners and holds the line on the edge of the asphalt, while the ia behind me has twice the speed, I know well monza and the braking time and speed input so I think I have to adjust the best way of turning at high speed, I need to understand how it works and simply "speed min - max steering angle -" how can I adjust it for the best iil my t500?

I probably shouldn't say anything because the majority in here seem to love the new FFB. I might as well just put wooden blocks under my gas and brake pedal because they are waaaaaaay toooooooo sensitive. As it is I can only use about 10% of my pedal travels from a standing start or coming out of a corner. What good is that?

the ffb is sometimes different, sometimes strong, somtimes weak, e.g. in racing is strong wheel, after watching replay and going back, ffb became weak. Don't feel understeer aswell.

Can't use shifter paddles and the gearbox together (for cars who use the gear box)

Wheel : DFGT

Guys i have a brake problem, i don't have this problem on any other sim, when braking i will either lock up the brakes or the car will not brake at all, i have tried 30%-40%-60% what can i do about this (i'm not the only one to have this)

Edit: using Logitech G27 with the gteye brake mod

If you scroll down a good way you will find the lines starting with "FFB", which are, obviously, the lines for the FFB settings. Regarding my issues I found these two lines:

FFB steer force front grip exponent
FFB steer force rear grip exponent

Both their default values are "1". At first I changed them to "2" having an immediate effect in the direction I was looking for (YOOHOO...:D). Then I changed them to "3" and I'm quite happy now. I guess I will tweak them a bit more, but for now I can drive again and feel the car losing grip. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the info Arthur, this change made a great difference :)

forgot to mention, I have T500

Last edited:
Oh, sorry, I meant @Paul Nadon since he has a G27 and said it worked for him. Paul can you post your profiler and in-game settings? Thanks
I said it "worked" to give me better road feel. But to be honest people who are using G27 are saying FFB is great now. I don't get it, have they driven other sims? All I know there is still major problems with FFB/physics/road feel. We shouldn't have to do all this workaround to get it to feel right. This is Sector3 job, and it shouldn't have been an afterthought. This is Sector3/Simbin where talking about right.;)

FFB steer force front grip exponent = 3.0
FFB steer force rear grip exponent = 3.0

My settings
I use Global device settings only
0 not ticked
543 rotation
allow game to adjust settings. Ticked

In Game settings
23 steering lock
Force Feedback Effects 75
Force Feedback intensity 100
smoothing 8
vertical load 200
all other settings left on default. Still experimenting.

Last edited:
Everything related to FFB seems to related to steering. Nobody else out there having issues with overly sensitive throttle and brake???
That doesn't sound like FFB that sounds like brake sensitivity. Check your control options and play around with different brake sensitivities. Watch the meter as you press the pedal to better understand how it's affecting the brake levels in-game.

We shouldn't have to do all this workaround to get it to feel right. This is Sector3 job, and it shouldn't have been an afterthought. This is Sector3/Simbin where talking about right.;)
To be fair this seems par for the course outside of iRacing and GSCE. SimBin titles have always needed drastic FFB tweaks to get them to feel right for those who know what good ffb should feel like.

I don't think S3 are incapable of doing it, it just appears it's not one of their priorities as long as they give us the options to tweak ourselves.

For anyone wanting to disable brake vibration until S3 fixes the bug, edit your RCS file, mine is

Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet\Logitech G27 Paddle Shift Custom.rcs

and set:

FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.0" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.

Default: 6.0

Make a backup of your RCS file first so you can go back when S3 fixes the bug.

Note you can still feel similar FFB braking into certain corners because of road contours there. I'm pretty sure the brake vibe is killed taking that into account.

Last edited:
Thanks Shovas, Yep, you were absolutely correct. Had both settings at 100%, duh. Anyway, now at 50% much better. Thanks
Glad to hear you got it fixed. Fyi, unless you have a load cell or progressive spring brake try playing with the brake sensitivity so that most of your brake force is applied near the *end* of the pedal travel (I think mine is set to about 20% brake sensitivity to achieve this). What you're doing in that case is mimicking the travel of a load cell / progressive brake spring which are in turn mimicking pedal travel and resistance of real car pedals. It gives it a much nicer feel I think.

Guys i have a brake problem, i don't have this problem on any other sim, when braking i will either lock up the brakes or the car will not brake at all, i have tried 30%-40%-60% what can i do about this (i'm not the only one to have this)

Edit: using Logitech G27 with the gteye brake mod
Not sure what's going on there. Have you checked the sensitivity response in the control options like @maddawg1936 was playing with?

FFB levels

* Low:
steering force (steering+grip)

* Medium
steering force+ damper+ friction+ strips rumble

*High
steering force+ damper+ friction+ strips rumble+ brakes vibration

*Full
steering force+ damper+ friction+ strips rumble+ brakes vibration+ throttle vibration+ steering vibration
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in the controller file :
FFB Effects Level=" ? " // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
...whichever you prefer

For anyone wanting to disable brake vibration until S3 fixes the bug, edit your RCS file, mine is

Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet\Logitech G27 Paddle Shift Custom.rcs

and set:

FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.0" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.

Default: 6.0

Make a backup of your RCS file first so you can go back when S3 fixes the bug.

Note you can still feel similar FFB braking into certain corners because of road contours there. I'm pretty sure the brake vibe is killed taking that into account.
Or like this, no brake/engine vibration
FFB Effects Level="2" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.

@Tr51
Same thought at the same time I guess

FFB levels

* Low:
steering force (steering+grip)

* Medium
steering force+ damper+ friction+ strips rumble

*High
steering force+ damper+ friction+ strips rumble+ brakes vibration

*Full
steering force+ damper+ friction+ strips rumble+ brakes vibration+ throttle vibration+ steering vibration
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in the controller file :
FFB Effects Level=" ? " // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
...whichever you prefer
Does it still working like that? I thought, this ist just obsolete now with the new FFB? But maybe i'm wrong.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back