Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

Trying adjusting the Force Feedback Intensity (not Steering Force Intensity) down to 60% in the FFB menu and work your way up from there. I also highly recommend raising the vertical load setting significantly. I use a Force Feedback Intensity of 75%, but then again this setting will be dependent on what wheel you're using and your wheel's driver control panel settings too. I initially found the default Force Feedback Intensity of 100% to be too much for my wheel too. At 75% it feels real nice with 200% vertical load, 0% smoothing and all other settings at default.
Comparing your testing to mine as I know you are also using a TX... I found the default "lateral forces" too high (more than SF Intensity) to allow enough detail but while the FFB is feeling great I haven't had much time to experiment. One thing I haven't tried in raising the vertical load.

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with the new FFB. I can no longer feel when I'm losing grip. I already followed all the suggestions in this thread, unfortunately to no avail.

The new FFB is really great for everything but the feeling when I lose grip. When I'm on a really flat piece of road and intentionally force my car into a wild spin there is absolutely not the slightest change in FFB to let me know it. Or when I go into a corner and intentionally turn my steering wheel way too much for that corner, at some point I should have a reduction of steering forces, the moment the car begins to understeer. But there is really absolutely nothing.

With the old FFB I had the setting for FFB grip cranked up to the max (which was 1 in the old menus) and everything was fine. The moment I began to lose grip the forces dropped drastically to let me know. But now - nothing. :-(

I use a T500RS with these settings (TM control panel under windows):

Strength: 60% (default)
Constant: 100% (default)
Periodic: 100% (default)
Spring: 0%
Damper: 0%
Auto Center: By the game (default)

I always disable spring and damper as these settings "overlay" all other forces when enabled, making the feel very dull, no matter what else you setup.

And: I use the latest driver and firmware from Thrustmaster.

Best regards and thanks a lot in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with the new FFB. I can no longer feel when I'm losing grip. I already followed all the suggestions in this thread, unfortunately to no avail.

The new FFB is really great for everything but the feeling when I lose grip. When I'm on a really flat piece of road and intentionally force my car into a wild spin there is absolutely not the slightest change in FFB to let me know it. Or when I go into a corner and intentionally turn my steering wheel way too much for that corner, at some point I should have a reduction of steering forces, the moment the car begins to understeer. But there is really absolutely nothing.

With the old FFB I had the setting for FFB grip cranked up to the max (which was 1 in the old menus) and everything was fine. The moment I began to lose grip the forces dropped drastically to let me know. But now - nothing. :-(

I use a T500RS with these settings (TM control panel under windows):

Strength: 60% (default)
Constant: 100% (default)
Periodic: 100% (default)
Spring: 0%
Damper: 0%
Auto Center: By the game (default)

I always disable spring and damper as these settings "overlay" all other forces when enabled, making the feel very dull, no matter what else you setup.

And: I use the latest driver and firmware from Thrustmaster.

Best regards and thanks a lot in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Make sure your "understeer" setting under the force feedback menu in game is turned up. I actually had to turn mine down because the wheel lost too much feeling

Comparing your testing to mine as I know you are also using a TX... I found the default "lateral forces" too high (more than SF Intensity) to allow enough detail but while the FFB is feeling great I haven't had much time to experiment. One thing I haven't tried in raising the vertical load.

I honestly didn't feel lateral forces made much difference but I'll gladly check it again. What setting are you using and I'll give it a go. So far the two settings that make the most impact to me are Vertical Load and the obvious one, Force Feedback Intensity.

hello from germany. So, while waiting for the end of the maintenace, here my DFGT settings (i use the CSR Elite as pedals).

In Logitech gaming Profiler:

100% FFB strength
900 Degress steering angle
allow the game to change

294429d1410535583-raceroom-racing-experience-ist-ueber-steam-downloadbar-2014-09-12-1725-0010.jpg

294430d1410535594-raceroom-racing-experience-ist-ueber-steam-downloadbar-2014-09-12-1721-0005.jpg

Hope this helps some of you. I am happy with these settings. To mention, this is for the new cars and the GT masters tracks.

I'm not saying R3E made your wheels die but its force strength seems to be maxed by default. A few are lowering force levels to get more subtlety out of the ffb and it doesn't hurt to take it easy on your wheels with the force output.

I'm not saying R3E made your wheels die but its force strength seems to be maxed by default. A few are lowering force levels to get more subtlety out of the ffb and it doesn't hurt to take it easy on your wheels with the force output.

T500 is built like a tank, its death is not likely the cause of any game. Sounds like it just gave up the ghost.

Make sure your "understeer" setting under the force feedback menu in game is turned up. I actually had to turn mine down because the wheel lost too much feeling

Hello and thanks for the quick response but I tried this already without success. I mean turning up the understeer setting is the most obvious thing to do considering the problem I described, and the understeer setting is cranked up to the max in default setup already. So it would be really hard NOT to test this. :D

Edit: Maybe I should mention that the understeer setting has no effect on FFB at all. I can't feel any difference if I put it in 0% or 100%. It's all the same.

Any suggestions anybody?

Last edited:
There is something very wrong with FFB settings for my G27. Non of the sliders work. The wheel feels the same with any changes I make. Setting Force Feedback Level at 0 or 100 feels almost the same, with only a slight change, like the Centering Spring is ticked in profiler and set at 100. Stopped playing in fear of wheel damage. Tried re-installing Logitech drivers and changing USB ports, but still the same. All other Sims work fine.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back