F1 2010 Wheel Set-up

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
OK so last night, in a moment of drunkenness on my girlfriend's birthday, we both opened our Christmas presents quite early.. 10 days early infact. What had she got me? The Logitech G27 wheel!! Amazing - how awesome is she!?

Only thing is now, it seems like I'm starting all over again at the game - quite hard to get used to. I don't have a wheel stand or anything really to put it on and the pillow on my lap isn't quite cutting it.
There are a few products out there www.playseat.com and at www.wheelstandpro.com some are better than others for various reasons. (space, cost)
It's worth mentioning that I live in Dubai, so delivery can be an issue.

So, do you guys have any suggestions or economical solutions?
Also, should I change some of the advanced settings eg. deadzone and all that jazz ? Not quite sure what it all means.
This is for PS3 by the way.

Any ideas would be gratefully received

Cheers
Nick

i also got the G27, wife didnt buy it though i researched the available wheels and grabbed the G27. imo you gotta either get a desk or make a table for it to be effective.

IKEA will do a cheap and small table for peanuts,
www.ikea.com/aa/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/10705/

Heres my set up and i only use the gear stick bit for menu buttons

g27.jpg

play with the deadzones, i have attached my set up that seems to work pretty well.

g27 set up.jpg

hope this helps

Cheers for the input guys... haha @Steve.. she loved your comment about her being wife material!!

Yeah I'm definitely planning on going to IKEA and checking out some options - I think it should reap some reasonably priced rewards/solutions. I wish I was more of DIY guy to do what you did Marcel - looks good and actually not too complicated.
Will see how IKEA goes.. Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back