Wheel rotation resets mid-race

I have a strange problem with R3E and my Logitech DFGT.

I was having a race with the WTCC 2014 cars which have an automatic steering rotation set to 540°. I have set the wheel rotation in my Profiler to 900° and ticked the box to allow the game to change it so I get the cool automatic wheel rotation setting that R3E offers. But now during a race the rotation suddenly reset to full 900° which obviously destroyed my rythm.

What is causing this problem and how can I fix it?

I have had the same issue in a number of games with my G27. The general wisdom of the Internet suggests that the Logitech wheel must be on ID1 for it to work reliably, however there is no reliable way to achieve this as Windows seems to be very random in assigning these ports at system startup.
On a personal level, I dumped the profiler software and haven't looked back. Not had a single issue since, though I will confess that was less than two weeks ago.
Have a look at this thread on the S3S forum which has a little information.
https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/wheel-rotation-changes-during-race-g27.2576/

I had the same issue withthe DFGT and stock car extreme. The solution was to set the global profiler settings (espeacially the rotation) to the same values then in your game profile. It seems that the profiler suddenly changes the settings to the global ones mid-game. If they are equal nothing bad should happen. Maybe this can help you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%