Wheel lock option

Solved
Thank you Radu Oros for the help!
I cannot find the max wheel lock adjuster option within asseto corca can someone help me as my wheel only has 180 deg rotation so the steering is always to sensitive.
To adjust the wheel lock the value 'scale' has to be changed you can change it with notepad.
to ajust the setting go to C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg and open the file 'controls.ini' then look for the [STEER] section
first adjust the 'LOCK' setting to match that of your wheel, then change the 'SCALE'. try going round a hairpin with a setting like 0.3 and slowly adjust that number until you can make it (I used 0.6 with my 180 deg wheel). you can alter the 'STEER_GAMMA' to a number above 1 in order to help driving in a straight line.
don't forget to change your virtual steering wheel lock ingame under view to make your wheel match the in game one.
Here are my settings for my 'Logitech Driving force EX' 180 deg wheel.
Code:
[STEER]
JOY=0
AXLE=0
SCALE=0.6
LOCK=180
STEER_GAMMA=1.5
STEER_FILTER=0
SPEED_SENSITIVITY=0

Last edited:
I have a DFGT wheel and in logitechs profiler i set wheel rotation to 900 degrees
Then in AC controller options it might be an idea to run the wizard when you turn the wheel in this it will set your degree of rotation.

Steering, top right

If your wheel has physically only 180° of steering, then increase the value above heavilly.
I tried both ends of the spectrum but it didn't change any thing
my wheel is a Driving force ex
in other games such as pcars, raceroom and rfactor 2... the setting is known as 'wheel lock' and it changes the physical max limit that the wheels can be turned and i cant find it in ac but it must be somewhere cause its in every other sim.

Last edited:
Just looked it up, your wheel has physically only 180° of steering - this is preventing you from utalizing the normal 900° needed for a realistic steer rotation.
Nothing to improve unless a change in wheel unfortunately.

Last edited:
Just looked it up, your wheel has physically only 180° of steering - this is preventing you from utalizing the normal 900° needed for a realistic steer rotation.
Nothing to improve unless a change in wheel unfortunately.
its strange that ac doesn't have basic option present in all other sims ether under car options or general setup i understand not having adjustable wheel lock in a road car but in a race car a team can adjust something like this

since your wheel is 180º, put 180 in controls page and 90 in virtual steering. It will still be more sensitive than 900º. Then keep 1 for gamma, and 0 for filter and 0 for speed sensitivity.

In C:\Users\QUF\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg controls under [STEER] you have scale and lock. Lock is the same as steering degrees number from controls page. After my suggestion from first sentence, you could try 180 / 900 = 0.2 and put that into Scale. Now I think lock should be 900 or 180 after that calculation, try both. Then about virtual steering, use either 0 or 90.

since your wheel is 180º, put 180 in controls page and 90 in virtual steering. It will still be more sensitive than 900º. Then keep 1 for gamma, and 0 for filter and 0 for speed sensitivity.

In C:\Users\QUF\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg controls under [STEER] you have scale and lock. Lock is the same as steering degrees number from controls page. After my suggestion from first sentence, you could try 180 / 900 = 0.2 and put that into Scale. Now I think lock should be 900 or 180 after that calculation, try both. Then about virtual steering, use either 0 or 90.
thank you changing the scale helped a lot here are my new settings for my wheel
Code:
[STEER]
JOY=0
AXLE=0
SCALE=0.6
LOCK=180
STEER_GAMMA=1.5
STEER_FILTER=0
SPEED_SENSITIVITY=0
I changed the scale up from 0.2 because i needed more sensitivity to make tight hairpins so i also had to change the gamma to account for that but i have it at a stage where i am comfortable with completing that hillclimb

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%