Wheel issue in vr

Hi all, I was recently given an old DK2 kit and Ive been going through all my sims setting up vr supported titles. My system is fairly dated but still gets the job done.

I5 3570k stock atm
Sli 970s disabled for vr
16gb ram
Windows 10
Thrustmaster TX with GTE rim
Fanatec CSR elite pedals
Sim usb ebrake
Oculus DK2

Ran the wheel config wizard and mapped my buttons. Loaded the Lambo gt3 at Brands Hatch and everything worked well. Max fps locked at 75 with good gpu performance.
When I jump in the car all the assigned buttons on my wheel work + paddle shifter + ebrake & pedals.
I can get the car moving and cycle through the gears but i have zero force in the wheel or steering input.
Ive tried running the wheel wizard several times but keep having different results/issues.....
-Wheel has force but no steering input
-wheel has force but paddles/pedals/buttons dont work
- 8 out 10 times everything works but I get no force or steering input from the wheel.

Edit: I forgot to mention the wheel works fine without vr in AC.
No issues in other titles....any suggestions?

Also I believe I read somewhere that theres an app or mod that allows you to view and navigate the menus in vr? Could some one please post a link....does Kunos have plans to update and fully intergrate the vr experience for menus etc. ?

Cheers
David

Also I believe I read somewhere that theres an app or mod that allows you to view and navigate the menus in vr? Could some one please post a link....does Kunos have plans to update and fully intergrate the vr experience for menus etc. ?

Cheers
David

Bigscreen Beta is a free app that will allow you to see your desktop (and hence the AC menus) in VR. Virtual Desktop is a paid app that does the same thing and is a bit more flexible. Oculus has a built-in virtual desktop in Home now but I'm not sure if Home works with DK2.

When I was using the DK2 a couple years ago I noticed some differences between VR and screens but nothing this extreme. When I got my CV1 it all worked 100% as it did on screens.
I agree with trying a different USB port. Just a week ago my keyboard quite. Using a different USB is what fixed it.
I remember having to reinstall my chipset once to get everything working again. Not sure if this is your problem?
Keep in mind that the DK2 stands for Development Kit 2. I remember nothing was straight forward with the DK2 when I was using it.

Last edited:
If you can you should try to USB 3.0 for the Rift and USB 2.0 for your wheel, I had a similar problem when I switched to Fanatec CSW where after 2-3 laps the wheel would lose all FFB the solution for me was Firmware update for the wheel and also cleaned the Windows registry.

Bigscreen Beta is a free app that will allow you to see your desktop (and hence the AC menus) in VR. Virtual Desktop is a paid app that does the same thing and is a bit more flexible. Oculus has a built-in virtual desktop in Home now but I'm not sure if Home works with DK2.
You can do this in Oculus Home on the dash too. Never mind, you already mentioned it.

Thanks for the advice guys, ill give it ago on my days off
Oh.... One other thing I had problems with VR. I was running out of power in my USB ports and solved it with a powered hub. This also gave me more ports.

This may be a little off topic but I also had problems with my Fanatec wheel plugged into a blue 3.0 USB. It had cut my FFB by less than half.

Little late with an update.

Went at it again tonight trying all the suggestions but with the same result. I then changed the resolution from 1920 x 1080 (rift) to my native screen resolution 3440 x1440p and the wheel started working again...no idea why the resolution was causing the issue? but it works and pretty well for that fact, took me a bit to figure out how to recenter but found a thread here in the forms.
Thanks for the help and suggestions guys! :thumbsup:

Gonna try the vr app so I don't have to keep taking it off in the menus.
One last question, how do I lock the world movement or horizon?
Runs great and smooth at a solid 75fps with 20 ai but the environment moves oddly like it's responding to the road bumps instead of the car and is extremely nauseating.

Really!!
That is interesting!
I have found some of these strange anomalies as well. I remember at one time my computer would black screen and lock up if I turned my wheel on first. Funny how something non-related can effect something else entirely in a computer environment.
I have been told more than once that this is impossible.

I took a beating in the AC forum and eventually got banned for asking these questions about these strange problems and I think earlier VR coupled with limited computer skills were the biggest struggle for me?
I couldn't believe the improvement I got with the CV1 over the DK2. Not just in VR but in connection to the car seemed more 1 to 1. The only thing I liked better with the DK2 was the clear lenses. The CV1 feels like it has a greasy film even when clean compared to the DK2.

I took a beating in the AC forum and eventually got banned for asking these questions about these strange problems [...]
As you keep bringing this up I will keep telling you that you were banned for getting on everybody's nerve by CONSTANTLY complaining about your strange problems for several months everywhere around the AC forums at any change yu got, just as you now mention how you were banned from the AC forums for asking a question any chance you get around here. Knock it off already.

As you keep bringing this up I will keep telling you that you were banned for getting on everybody's nerve by CONSTANTLY complaining about your strange problems for several months everywhere around the AC forums at any change yu got, just as you now mention how you were banned from the AC forums for asking a question any chance you get around here. Knock it off already.

I asked questions simular to the OP. Software has all kinds of issues for different reasons, AC or any software. That's what these forums are for. One of the last questions Stefano answered for me is anyone can just download AC plug everything in and it works as good as it does in his office, which according to me and others like OP here is just not true. That is my point. The only thing I ever complained about is the immature behavior and now stocking, which is not first time you have done this.

When asking questions in the AC forum I tried my best to take responsibility for my problem and stressed it wasn't a complaint or Kunos' fault. I am sorry to admit I did get sucked into some of these immature discussions. Really are just a waste of time.

The word you're looking for is "stalking". My point is that people got irritated with you not because you "aksed a question" once, but because you asked the same question for months on end and never got tired of mentioning your issue any chance you could get over several threads/discussions. Just like you now like to warn people about how you got banned whenever somebody recommends the official forums for help, which I find highly amusing.

The word you're looking for is "stalking". My point is that people got irritated with you not because you "aksed a question" once, but because you asked the same question for months on end and never got tired of mentioning your issue any chance you could get over several threads/discussions. Just like you now like to warn people about how you got banned whenever somebody recommends the official forums for help, which I find highly amusing.
"Stalking' Thanks! I guess I don't use that word very often!
I can understand guys getting annoyed but when someone misquoted me I would explain once again, which became a game for some people I think?
But you have to look at it from my side too once in awhile. If you think it's annoying to hear about a problem I can testify to it being a lot more annoying dealing with a problem while some people are making jokes in the middle of guys trying to help troubleshoot. And then I get banned. That's annoying!
Thank you your kind response.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back