Wheel is shaking

Hi guys.

If its in the wrong category please move it
I know this have been up a couple of times but i cant fined the seclusion to my problem on the other threats.

My wheel is shaking when i'm driving in s straight line, as soon i start turning it stops.
Also the turning is not really smooth.

For some reason my wheel is also off center ?

My setup is a Logitech g27
Intel i5 6600K
GTX 1080

I am running logitech profiler in the background (did not work)
I have turnd off logitech auto center (did not work)
I have tries to change the .ini file to logitech g920 spec (did not work)
Create new LUT file (did not work)
Remove kerb effect (did not work)
Remove road effect (did not work)
Filter is at 0% (did not work)
Gain from 0 - 100 % (did not work)
Minimum force effect at 0% (did not work)
Reinstall the logitech profiler (did not work)
Reinstall Assetto Corsa (did not work)

I have tries varies combinations of the above

I have made 2 videos
This is driving the fiat 500

This is the Toyota AE86
As you can see in this video its in the center its doing the shaking

It is happening on all cars but different amounts

It works for my DD wheel, may work for your G27......assetto_corsa.ini ENABLE_GYRO to = 1
Failing that I think RasmusP is the man to goto for this wheel. :)
In the same file location there is a min damper setting too DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL = ?

Last edited:
Your G27 has probably broken the rotation sensor and software can't correct for it. See eg. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/g27-rotary-encoder.91505/ With those ingame settings there's nothing that should be doing that. Minimum force and gamma in combination is the only way I can think of that would make that happen. (gamma is what you get if you enable the LUT file but never set up a LUT for it)

I have taken my wheel apart and the ring is fine.
There is no problem in other games like Project Cars.

rasmusP's lut file and setup instructions got rid of this issue for me with my G29. Well worth looking into.

Had a similiar issue with my T150 and it was "FFB post processing" and the LUT file in there that was causing it. Check Content Manager settings, Assetto Corsa, Controlls, Force Feedback. Disabling FFB post processing got rid of the shaking.
Then re-running "WheelCheck" (with the correct "Wheel angle" setting and then selecting "Spring Force: Step Log 2 (linear force test)" and making a new LUT file with "LUTGenerator" and then pointing content manger to the new LUT file fixed it for good. No shakes, FFB post processing on, no issues.

Had a similiar issue with my T150 and it was "FFB post processing" and the LUT file in there that was causing it. Check Content Manager settings, Assetto Corsa, Controlls, Force Feedback. Disabling FFB post processing got rid of the shaking.
Then re-running "WheelCheck" (with the correct "Wheel angle" setting and then selecting "Spring Force: Step Log 2 (linear force test)" and making a new LUT file with "LUTGenerator" and then pointing content manger to the new LUT file fixed it for good. No shakes, FFB post processing on, no issues.
man just THANKS it worked ;D

Just a little note:
Content manager sometimes resets the LUT settings when going on track.
So whenever you load a different LUT file or deselect the LUT file:
- go on track
- close AC
- close CM
- start content manager again
- check if your LUT settings are still as you set them or not

Most LUTs are changing the actual ffb output to the wheel driver a lot so if your wheel is doing weird stuff, make sure that there is no LUT active!

Also the rotation degree that you set makes a difference. A wheel that feels tight at 900° will be shaking a lot when set to 450°.
A wheel that feels good at 450° will feel sluggish at 900°.

Creating a new LUT via wheelcheck+LUT generator is NOT fixing the shaking issue.
Getting rid of the currently active LUT that is causing the shaking does.
Overwriting it with a new LUT without too much low ffb boosting gets rid of the old lut too, of course.

You're a hero. I had gotten to the point of just dealing with the shaking because everything I searched either had no solution or had people trying to convince the OP that the wheel shaking like the driver has Parkinson's is normal or "realistic" lol. Thank you, man.

I did everything and it helped but the shaking is certainly still there, its just to a much less degree.
Can anyone help?
idk if it means anything but in my ff_post_process folder, it says;
[GAMMA]
VALUE=0,5
instead of;
[GAMMA]
VALUE=1

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.