Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Hey guys,

Recently ran into a problem with content manager.
Everytime I open it I can navigate for 2 mins then it will close and delete itself.
I have used it for years and never had an issue apart from text/images glitching when using scroll wheel.
Any pointers in what I can do to solve?

Last edited:
Might have fixed it, I never knew you could replace with original assetto launcher. Seems to be working okay for now atleast. But still get the text glitch.. the text will distort when hovering over it and will just glitch out :S

Last edited:
I have had Assetto Corsa for almost a year. I haven't played it a lot. Found out about Content Manager and installed that. Makes things much easier I agree. However, I notice that my in game steering rotation from car to car is not consistent now. I switched back to load AC directly through Steam to confirm. Wheel rotation is set to 900. I drive all cars fine through Steam AC. When I load AC through Content Manager, settings show steering rotation as 900 but when I drive certain cars and I turn my wheel more than 180 degrees, the steering of the car in game does not even turn 90 degrees. What is going on here? It is making it to difficult many of the cars using Content Manager. No matter what I set the steering rotation to in CM, it makes no difference.

what are your gamma and scale settings in CM, do you have auto adjust scale enabled?
Default settings, haven't touched. I did try checking the box to match in game car wheel to user wheel and that worked for the RSS Formula cars and the Porsche 919 2016. Having that box checked or not checked does nothing for other cars in the game.

Ok, If ac launched through steam doesn't give you problems I'd suggest you go ahead and open it, make sure everything works properly, and save your controller configuration as is, then load it in CM. Let me know if that works

make sure you do the calibration as well before saving

Ok, If ac launched through steam doesn't give you problems I'd suggest you go ahead and open it, make sure everything works properly, and save your controller configuration as is, then load it in CM. Let me know if that works

make sure you do the calibration as well before saving
OK, yes when loading AC from Steam, AC does load and is playable and cars drive fine with steering rotation at 900. I didn't click save on controller config though. I will try that later on. My girlfriend and I are both working from home and she is using the gaming PC to do her job while I am on the company laptop. LOL. Was hoping to get this resolved today so I can test a fix tonight. Will let you know. Thanks.

I would just play through Steam but why goes back after using CM and CSP!!!!!

OK, yes when loading AC from Steam, AC does load and is playable and cars drive fine with steering rotation at 900. I didn't click save on controller config though. I will try that later on. My girlfriend and I are both working from home and she is using the gaming PC to do her job while I am on the company laptop. LOL. Was hoping to get this resolved today so I can test a fix tonight. Will let you know. Thanks.

I would just play through Steam but why goes back after using CM and CSP!!!!!
Oh definitely you'll never go back, just the practicality is worth staying on cm, lots of cool features. Let me know if saving your profile worked, cheers!

Oh definitely you'll never go back, just the practicality is worth staying on cm, lots of cool features. Let me know if saving your profile worked, cheers!
No luck. It did nothing to help. Everything drives fine directly through AC opened from Steam. Using CM, I either have to check the box to match car's steering lock and that works for some cars and other cars it does nothing to match the steering rotation I apply with the wheel.

ok, If you want to set degrees manually for each car have degrees in CM set to the lowest possible, i think it's 40, then try again see if that works

Hello,
Question for minds smarter than mine. I have a Thrustmaster TMX wheel it works perfectly when I launch Assetto Corsa (AC) via steam and navigate through the in game menus. When I launch a race from Content Manager (CM) the wheel and peddle set become unresponsive when loaded into the race.

I have all the wheel and peddle settings saved as a pre-set in both AC and CM. CM detects and correctly reacts to the wheel on the settings screen. If anyone has any ideas what could be wrong I'd appreciate your thought.

Made some changed:
- Installed C++ version 2015-2019, I only had up to version 2013
- In Content Manager, in the CUSTOM SHADERS PATCH section, you can do this change, for the "CARS CONFIGS" selection, but also the ones below that:
on the right of the screen there are three dots, when you click on it it says something like:
"install automatically", in my case with a checkbox next to it.
But, there also can be some line stating X new entries are available.
These should be installed automatically, but they just keep being mentioned, until you click them.
Did that, for "CARS CONFIGS", and "CARS TEXTURES", etc.

Restarted PC, tried AC (using ACCM); same issue. Not saying nothing changed, but the issue is still the same, although it may be fixed for the other cars:
When it turns dark, all other cars have lights on, except your own car. The key that is binded for the lights, doesn't make any difference.
Needless to say, it's impossible to drive ..

Made some changed:
- Installed C++ version 2015-2019, I only had up to version 2013
- In Content Manager, in the CUSTOM SHADERS PATCH section, you can do this change, for the "CARS CONFIGS" selection, but also the ones below that:
on the right of the screen there are three dots, when you click on it it says something like:
"install automatically", in my case with a checkbox next to it.
But, there also can be some line stating X new entries are available.
These should be installed automatically, but they just keep being mentioned, until you click them.
Did that, for "CARS CONFIGS", and "CARS TEXTURES", etc.

Restarted PC, tried AC (using ACCM); same issue. Not saying nothing changed, but the issue is still the same, although it may be fixed for the other cars:
When it turns dark, all other cars have lights on, except your own car. The key that is binded for the lights, doesn't make any difference.
Needless to say, it's impossible to drive ..
There’s a setting in CM that says “turn on headlights when AI does”. Try that

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years