Wheel doesn't work when Assetto Corsa launched from Content Manager

aslietz

1RPM
Apr 10, 2020
Hello,
Question for minds smarter than mine. I have a Thrustmaster TMX wheel it works perfectly when I launch Assetto Corsa (AC) via steam and navigate through the in game menus. When I launch a race from Content Manager (CM) the wheel and peddle set become unresponsive when loaded into the race.

I have all the wheel and peddle settings saved as a pre-set in both AC and CM. CM detects and correctly reacts to the wheel on the settings screen. If anyone has any ideas what could be wrong I'd appreciate your thought.

PlebEjGreg

1RPM
Mar 4, 2020
I have the same issue with CM, but seems like no one has a fix. Lets pray for someone to save us!

jamman39

25RPM
Apr 5, 2020
I was experiencing this problem pretty regularly a couple weeks ago and it seems to have gone away. I can’t say for sure what I did to fix it, bc I have spent so much time tweaking settings in CM but I did redo and save all my control presets in CM

Edit: With a Thrustmaster TX

Apr 15, 2020
I have the same issue with CM. To fix the issue I have to go into AC and reset the wheel with the configuration wizzard. I have only been playing AC since the pandemic break and using CM for about a week or so. I don't recall it happening until I started using downloaded tracks and then only when I changed cars.

Ramipril

25RPM
Jun 11, 2018
For me any time this has happened, just change a setting in your controls from within CM and save the preset, then you can change the setting back how you had it and re-save.

PlebEjGreg

1RPM
Mar 4, 2020
It has been months, but I finally found a fix that works for me.
Hopefully it works for people who are having the same issue.

-Open CM
-Settings
-Drive
-Game Starter area choose switch to AC Service
-It will launch your CM with Steam and it should work from there.

Vic Flange

50RPM
Jan 12, 2018
Isn’t there an option on the Drive launch screen to select the controls ?

I think you can select whether a control set is car specific or global. So save your wheel settings as say TMX then set that option to Global TMX.