wheel choices

hi all happy hump day

currently i am running the g29 wheel pedals and h shifter, i am at a total loss at upgrading from this
from what i understand there is alot of hate on the g29 because if its capabilities i have to be honest i haven't found it as bad as some make out, were do i progress from here fanatec or thrustmaster?

I have the Fanatec clubsport range and I'm very happy with it. I haven't tried the trustmaster but the impression I get is that its pretty even with the Fanatec wheelbase, but fanatec have better pedals. The advantage of going fanatec is they have a whole eco system of kit. You can buy different wheels and if you ever did decide to go for their dd wheelbase anything you'd bought up to that point will be compatible with it.

Upvote 0
An important thing to consider is budget. That of course, falls into approximately 3 categories... What do I plan to spend? Or what do I want to spend? Or what am I willing to spend? ;);) I use thrustmaster kit personally, but from what I've read and watched I think fanatec is the better of the two. You will of course pay for that pleasure!

Upvote 0
I am partial to the Fanatec having used Thrustmaster and Logitech in the past. My suggestion is to identify what it is your current wheel/pedals don't provide and go from there. What ever you chose I would stress load cell braking.

Upvote 0
I have the Thrustmaster T300 something. The steering wheel is actually very nice and didn't cause me problems. The pedals that came bundled with it were garbage, though. I have Clubsport v1 pedals now, which needed some TLC.

That combo drives very nice but it is like sitting on an iceberg in the sun. Both things fragile.

Upvote 0
Pick something that will match your budget and desire. You can't go far wrong with either of those choices, but if your desire is direct drive with spiffy pro pedals, then you'll need a bigger budget than what an entry level Thrustmaster requires.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back