Wheel and Pedals sometimes mixed up?

640er

♫♪.ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılı.♫♪
Sometimes when I start AC via CM, my real life pedals (CSL Elite) control the in game steering wheel and vice versa (real life wheel (LG DFGT) -> controls in game pedals). Meaning, if I step on the gas, the in game wheel spin and if I turn my wheel, the car accelerates. Sure, a pretty fun way to drive, but what's bothering me is, that I can't find any pattern when or why this occurs. In CM wheels and pedals are recognized correctly. I have to quit AC and replug both and sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Any ideas?

I never had this kind of strange phenomenon ... but well non in game working pedals or shifter while they seem correct in CM.

I never found a reason for that ... but an easy way to correct it ( staying in CM ) is load another controller preset ( as the keyboard for ex. ) then reload your usual saved controller preset in CM ... and everything is then working perfectly in game.

I never had this kind of strange phenomenon ... but well non in game working pedals or shifter while they seem correct in CM.

I never found a reason for that ... but an easy way to correct it ( staying in CM ) is load another controller preset ( as the keyboard for ex. ) then reload your usual saved controller preset in CM ... and everything is then working perfectly in game.

Had that issue too. Actually, the current issue replaced the one you described :O_o:

Weird.. At first I thought it could be that Windows is messing around with the USB ports, therefore I now always use the same port for the wheel respectively pedals. Did not help..

Do you have a third controller connected maybe ? ... sometimes this may cause problems.
Always using the same USB for the same controller is already advised as I might notice before.

But I'll surely never encouter your problem as the wheel is each time unplugged after use, 2 cats at home and one of them is young ( he's a cable eater sometimes ... and the older one was one also ... bye the antenna of a n alarm clock at the time, just 2cm left ! :roflmao: )

I had an issue this weekend where CM assignes my gas pedal to the steering axis for two of my four controller profiles. Even reloading profiles and reassigning the steering wheel didn't work until I closed CM and restarted it. Then I could reassign my wheel and all was well.

CM always had issues with assigning controls for me, since the first version. Maybe there was an issue with Windows changing around the order of you controllers, and even though CM AFAIK doesn't use Windows controller IDs but GUIDs to identify them, maybe it still got confused.

• Deleted member 197115

Do you have this enabled?
1582522078099.png

Does it work perfectly, Andrew ? ... I rarely have this problem but "never" is always better than "rarely" ;)

Is it really "New" ? ... CM is so complete and updated that new features can remain unseen for months... and maybe this one is one of them.
For me, 3 controllers although 2 might now be enough after replacing G27 by T300RS: this wheel + CSP V2 + TH8 ( which should be a problem plugged in the wheel due to its place for me entering the Playseat Challenge ).

When it happens mostly it's the wheel that makes problem and I think I know why: pedals remain plugged but not the wheel ... and the other solution for solving then the problem is mostly unplug the pedals and plug them again ... so the wheel will be the 1st controller.

I randomly get this, or at least it seems so.
I do not have CM.......
Go into the game via desktop, the wheel and pedal settings are lost, I control the steering via the accelerator pedal.
Return to controls, reset steering and pedals, everything is okay until happens again, not very often. :)

I randomly get this, or at least it seems so.
I do not have CM.......
Go into the game via desktop, the wheel and pedal settings are lost, I control the steering via the accelerator pedal.
Return to controls, reset steering and pedals, everything is okay until happens again, not very often. :)
Thanks I will give it a try if the solution from Andrew will not work. :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 197115

Does it work perfectly, Andrew ? ... I rarely have this problem but "never" is always better than "rarely" ;)

Is it really "New" ? ... CM is so complete and updated that new features can remain unseen for months... and maybe this one is one of them.
For me, 3 controllers although 2 might now be enough after replacing G27 by T300RS: this wheel + CSP V2 + TH8 ( which should be a problem plugged in the wheel due to its place for me entering the Playseat Challenge ).

When it happens mostly it's the wheel that makes problem and I think I know why: pedals remain plugged but not the wheel ... and the other solution for solving then the problem is mostly unplug the pedals and plug them again ... so the wheel will be the 1st controller.
I had this happening in vanila AC, don't remember seeing that in CM with this option on.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%