Wheel and pedals - Calibration hangs in during Config Wizard, detection etc

So a few weeks ago, I noticed I was having some frame freezing issues while driving in our online races. From micro stutters to seconds of frozen screens, I had some problems. Got so bad that I had to start missing the races and asking for help hosting them. Couldn't get to the bottom of it with conventional simple things so I, of course, blamed Win10, updates and my registry and hd's looking more like this
Network-Spaghetti-768x550.jpg

when actually it was none of the above.

After installing Windows 10 a few different times and nothing changing, I started chasing my hardware........again. Clubsport v2 pedals, no problem. Thrustmaster TX Wheel, hung every time in AC and the Config Wizard. Updated firmware and drivers, same problem. After getting some help from a buddies son we narrowed it down. It was my Corsair RGB K55 Keyboard. I've always had good luck with Corsair memory, so this past November I bought a mouse, keyboard and mouse pad from them. Really cool stuff and I was happy, for a while at least. There are 3 pages of Google on this keyboard and it causing problems such as this. Corsair is blaming Steam, but even with Steam not running, on some GUI's the pc would hang, become unresponsive, get an error message about Windows Powershell not working or a .dll error. Sooooooo Ctrl + Alt + Del or
hammerd.jpg

Oh yeah......that's me to a tee. I was ticked. Keyboard is now unhooked, using some cheap piece of junk like I've always done and all is good in the pc world again.

I don't know if this will help anyone or not, but if it helps just one person fix the frustration that turned my much anticipated RD Le Mans week into Lemons week, well, it's worth it to me.

Cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years