Wheel and Pedal Questions (maintenance, etc)

I just got my first Wheel and Pedals and I'd like for them to last a long time. First a side note. I cannot believe how much better my performance is with a wheel and pedals and how much more "fun" it is. I'm 41 and short of going to the arcades as a child/teenager I've never really used a steering wheel. I got my wheel on Saturday and promptly set it up on all my games (and was worn out by the end of this process. I seriously have far too many racing games now). I have noticed my lap times have improved dramatically on each track and I have a far greater respect for drivers now and I've also noticed how much more nerve wracking a trip around a track can be with a wheel (Bristol Motor Speedway is less harrowing with a controller than with a wheel). My question is should I unplug the power from the wheel each evening or is it ok to stay plugged in. Is there any kind of maintenance to be done on the wheel short of cleaning it and dusting it off? Thanks in advance.

I am not sure which wheel you have, but really you should not have to do much. I have a DFGT that has been hammered for two years and it still works perfectly as the day I got it. I have Fanatec CSR elite pedals that in the beginning needed a bit of WD40 but even after a absolute hammering no problems.

I think like most manufactured goods if you get a good one, it should be fine but like any goods you can always be unlucky and get a Friday afternoon effort.

As for the power pack there should be no reason to unplug they are designed to be connected to the mains at all times.

Have fun :)

Upvote 0
Cool.

I imported these from Japan and they work brilliant.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-RSF-P...820?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d26101864

My Wheel

0QSArTD.jpg

I have a different shifter now.

Also if you are using DFGT pedals try a squash ball under the brake pedal for more feel, believe me it works like a charm.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 256 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%
  • < 5 years