What's your favorite racing move?

I was just wondering what move gets your blood rushing when you pull it off.
The switch back, sticking it out on the outside and passing, diving in on the inside, putting pressure until he cracks anything you love to do.
You can add a short video of it ( preferably of you pulling it off).

I really love it when i get the chance to switch back (i don't know is this is the right term for it). It's when you regain your position after the overtaker goes in to deep and you can pass him in the same corner on the inside.

There´s so many i love all of the overtake moves :)
I love it because it´s a mental battle, who is the smarter guy, who makes the corner ahead to their favor etc.

My top 3 list would be this,

1. "Round the outside" - everytime i think about that i hear an english commentator in my head screaming "ohh he´s going round the outside!" :D
It´s just brilliant pulling that off, guy in front takes inside line, brakes earlier so you really make a super late braking on the outside, sneaks past him enough to claim half the track on entry and away you go.

example,

2. The surprise overtake - If you have seen Hamilton´s overtake on Kimi then you know what it is. Right out of the blue, guy ahead is sleeping a little, make a seriously late braking and get alongside as you are braking for the corner, take the exit and chase the next one.
Only done this move once, was the best feeling because he had no idea i was about to attack him being so far behind him.
Was with the Riley on VIR in iRacing.

example,

3. The undercut - You are getting drafted, guy pulls up on the inside, he will probably brake very late thus taking all of the road on corner exit, so instead just take it easy and a late apex on entry then get on the gas earlier and hopefully you snatch the position back before the next corner.

At 2.11 here, edit: Jonathan actually does it to me a few corners later :)

The surprise overtake is even greater when you don't even expect to overtake :)).
It happened once to me. I was close but wasn't thinking of making a move in the next corner so i just got behind and stuck close. Halfway trough the breaking i realised that i was coming in to hard (or he breaked too much ) and a little turn of the wheel and i'm on the inside and passing.

watch from min 3:30 (if you just want to see the move)
P.S. i'm in the Volvo :)

We have an expression for it in Romania, translated it's "selling donuts" (meaning to lie).
I've pulled it off once on a public server and in the next corner got rammed but the guy i just overtook (he was very mad).

My favorite move is the bump and run. Here in America we do it by getting close to another mans car as much as you can and then give him a tap on the rear end. If that doesn't tell him to move then you kind of tap him a little harder. If he doesn't move that time then this is where the bump and run starts. You back off just a little then as he is getting away you get back on the gas try to gain enough speed to slam him so hard to make his rear end slide out and then you go around him and get away from him as fast as you can. If you want an example look up dale earnhart sr's bump and run at pocono. So yeah if you won't get out my way then look for me to do the bump and run.

I prefer old-style tracks such as Dundrod & all those closed roads type races (IOM for example)....
My favourite "move" is to hold a stupid amount of speed through a corner & then -the important part- time it on the next strait but well after the corners exit so that you overtake SO quickly the other driver not just is intimidated out of trying to block but damn near poops them-self as you blow by so quick you nearly suck the paint of their car...

Good places Ive found for this, as an example, would be the first tight left/right with a step at old Spa or the 2nd right hand intersection at Dundrod after the drop off the big hill or even old Sachsenring's Left over crest/3rd last corner....
Actually it would be one of the best because there's nothing to save you if you go wide on exit yet, if you hold it together, there's plenty of space to use that momentum you've held to great effect...

Hmmm....& my reply originally was just going to be "To go fast!"

My favorite move is the bump and run. Here in America we do it by getting close to another mans car as much as you can and then give him a tap on the rear end. If that doesn't tell him to move then you kind of tap him a little harder. If he doesn't move that time then this is where the bump and run starts. You back off just a little then as he is getting away you get back on the gas try to gain enough speed to slam him so hard to make his rear end slide out and then you go around him and get away from him as fast as you can. If you want an example look up dale earnhart sr's bump and run at pocono. So yeah if you won't get out my way then look for me to do the bump and run.
That's somewhat the dirty way of doing it... I race touring cars (virtually, unfortunately !) and I did it a few times, but the clean way ;)

Just a small tap before hitting the apex to make your rival go slightly wide and if you time it perfect, you'll have more momentum exiting the corner and pass him :)

Once in Clio Cup cars I did it, but on worn tyres I didn't get the exit I wanted, my rival had more momentum and went for the inside at the next corner (A fast curve, last turn at Poznan) but overshot it and I just got the cut-back, the bump and run had make him lose his focus I guess :D

As for my favorite move, I guess the "'Round the Outside !" one is pretty neat, did that a lot aswell :p

My favourite kind of move is one where you make the best of your situation.

For instance, one league race I did a short time ago - Minis at Curitiba in Game Stock Car - was very hard-fought, and it was difficult to push 100% without putting a wheel off track, especially through the fast S-bend near the end of the lap.

I was engrossed in a battle with an opponent who wouldn't give an inch, and bumped me a few times to show that he meant business. I was trying to focus on passing him once and for all so that I could focus on the cars further in front of us. This seemed all for naught when I took a less-than-desirable line through the fast S-bend, and ended up running off-track completely, shaving some speed through the gravel trap on the exit. My opponent, just a fraction of a second behind, was gaining on me as we approached the final turn.

I then realised that I could turn my mistake into a positive outcome: The speed I lost through the gravel trap meant a slower entry into the last corner, with my opponent on the inside. My slower entry meant a faster exit, provided I got on the throttle at the right time and got my steering inputs right. What I then did was let my opponent pass me into the turn, and then I used the undercut method to get back alongside him onto the start/finish straight. from then on, I had to put all my faith into my left foot as we entered the braking zone. Fortunately, I outbraked him, and not myself!

It's the whole setup for the move that I love - having to plan ahead and predict what your opponent will do, while knowing the track and how to play it to your advantage.

Here's the move:

That's somewhat the dirty way of doing it... I race touring cars (virtually, unfortunately !) and I did it a few times, but the clean way ;)

Just a small tap before hitting the apex to make your rival go slightly wide and if you time it perfect, you'll have more momentum exiting the corner and pass him :)

Once in Clio Cup cars I did it, but on worn tyres I didn't get the exit I wanted, my rival had more momentum and went for the inside at the next corner (A fast curve, last turn at Poznan) but overshot it and I just got the cut-back, the bump and run had make him lose his focus I guess :D

As for my favorite move, I guess the "'Round the Outside !" one is pretty neat, did that a lot aswell :p

I guess you can say its dirty but when your on the last lap and you want the win then you will try anything you can do to get your opponent to screw up and get out the way.

Double overtakes.

I dont know what it is but this stuff is awesome. The fact that you surprise the guy that just got the pass done. Would be so rewarding.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%