What's your favorite new car added with the Dream Pack 2 DLC?

I have to go with the Huracán, even though it's kind of cliché. As @Cristian Haba said, it's mean. I'm just amazed by that car. And it drives pretty well too! :)

Barcelona_Hurracan_3_in_chicane.jpg
The BMWs don't seem that much exiting to me. The RUFs are good, although they're quite a handful to get used to. The Countach and GT40 are cool, although I'd have expected a bit more of challenge and "magic" when driving them. These two cars are also disappointing because of their sounds... I was expecting something raw, and it just doesn't really do it. Still OK, but the sounds have always been a major part of a sim to me. And unfortunately, Assetto Corsa doesn't make me want to crank it up like crazy.

Good DLC overall, I'm really happy about the new GT3s. The Audi is a nice balanced car, the Glickenhaus is stuck on the ground, and the new Catalunya track is great IMO. :)

I agree. The sound is AC is good but a bit disappointing. I have a good set of speakers and the lows just aren't there neither are the high screaming sounds I was expecting. Some of the cars sound better idling then they do redlined. The ford gt is one of those cars.

I like the SCG double-O-three the most probably because of its sound. It handles very well too.

None of the BMWs do it for me. Real life or in game. I went to the BMW driving school in Carolina and it was great fun but I get more enjoyment driving my Focus ST to work every day.

Overall AC still the best SIM out there. The only other game that makes me feel as connected to the car as AC does is GSC Extreme.

To my taste:

Countach: I really didnt think this car would feel like a heavy 60:s american muscle car to drive. I like those cars though so I dont mind it's handling like that. Looks cool too. Sound is good for AC, pretty mediocre generally considered.

Huracan, SCG003 and Audi: These cars drives the same to me, fast and not really challenging. Yes every car is challenging to drive in the top 1% of it's potential, but thats not the kind of fun challenge I'm talking about. Lots of similar cars like this in AC.
Look at the Mazda 787B to see how to make a car fun, challenging, sound and so on in that kind of downforce and well cornering car, Kunos.

the RUF's: Interesting to try. Amazing amount of power and just shitty cornering grip. Feels like going down to zero in every corner and accelerating again. Maybe the car is like that IRL. I wont drive it much in AC though.

The BMW actually is quite nice to drive. Sound kills it, as usual with AC. Better than some other BMW's. The best car in AC to me, physics, sound and FFB is the BMW M3 E30 versions, the new BMW M4 doesnt challenge that one though.

Ford GT40: I had such high hopes for this car. Once I heard the sound I was like "what the hell have you guys done". It just kills the experience. Sounds like a vacuum cleaner. Although I like my vacuum cleaner I cant say I appreciate the sound of that either, kind of kills the mood for anything.
How can kunos release a car like the shelby cobra and then try telling us the Ford GT 40 should sound like this, compared to how the shelby sounds?

Listen to this video: (it's a damn dragon ready to fly into fire and eat up a whole town and you made it into a vacuum cleaner kunos!)

All the cars really lack the finesse and detail of kunos physics I had hoped for coming from netkar. But that's what you get in life when you introduce quantity.

Ford GT40: I had such high hopes for this car. Once I heard the sound I was like "what the hell have you guys done". It just kills the experience. Sounds like a vacuum cleaner. Although I like my vacuum cleaner I cant say I appreciate the sound of that either, kind of kills the mood for anything.

I'd like to see that vacuum cleaner :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Perhaps you need a new sound system and perhaps a new set of ears :D

Here are two clips ( You need to know that real clips are mostly recorded with Non Hi Fi equipment )

I'd say AC is pretty close to the real thing.

IMO What is REALLY missing on Kunos audio is reverb FX

AC

Real

To be fair, in cockpit is not like that.

More like this.

It has better wow. Some more defined details and louder engine/car details. But not really audible, the mic is not that good.
But in comparison with the game gt40 cockpit sound, is pretty much everything there:

And here some track cameras sound:

I think overall the sounds have gotten better, however I think there is still room for improvement.

One note on the DLC2 pack, I don't think that the car selection was that amazing, however I am all about the race cars, don't have a lot of love for street cars. Having said that, I think iconic legends like the Countach, F40 and Yellowbird all have a place in AC. The rest of the road cars? Not for me.

I'm old fashioned, so I'll say the Ford GT 40.
In this class of car, I think I like it almost as much as the Cobra.
(I love convertibles though)
I never felt anything for RUF/Porsche cars...
The Lamborghini Countach reminds me good memories. I've only been in one Countach during the 90s, and I think it's very close to reality.
I was underwhelmed by the sound of the Huracan GT3, but I love its handling, like ALL GT3 cars.
I would have loved to see a Gallardo though.
Still have to try to SCG003... :) Me think I'll like it.

To be fair, in cockpit is not like that.
More like this.

It's a very subjective thing when it comes to how things sound but the funny thing is that you say it like you have actually driven the real car :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Comparing real footage with AC ingame is not a fair way to compare audio but it is the best we can do and when it comes to Kunos I can guarantee that they have done a thorough job when it comes to how close they get to the real thing.

It's certainly not a hit and miss thing, that's for sure but as I have said before what is IMO really missing in AC is reverb FX but that has probably something to do with the audio engine of the game/sim itself. Reverberation make all sounds come alive. ( Listen to Dirt Rally who have great reverb FX )

People who say that all AC cars sound the same need to book a time at their local ear doctor ASAP ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a very subjective thing when it comes to how things sound but the funny thing is that you say it like you have actually driven the real car :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
No, but Tomas comparison wasn't made that fairly or correctly. Because you can't compare how it sounds onboard with how it sounds outside listening from behind the car near the exhaust. The 3rd person camera/chase cam in AC that follows the car in a static position from its rear, uses the same sounds as in cockpit. The only time you'll get different sound effects is listening through the track cameras with the car passing by.

He also compared different cars with different engines. Mk2 has V8 7.0 litre FE (427 ci) and Mk1 (the one in the game) has V8 4.2 litre (255 cu.in).

Though real life still sounds better, has louder but more detailed engine/exhaust sound.

Last edited:
Rado Oros. Well I rest my case since you just posted a video that sounds as far away from the AC sound as mine did. Call them what you want, but I know the feeling and sound a V8 expresses. I've been around enough to tell that the AC sound is a vacuum cleaner. The external sounds are better than the internal though. But those are just nice for replays, once in a while. Internal is the important sound since it created the immersion while you are engaging in the physics and handling.

I'd love to have a vacuum cleaner that sounds like that :D

But seriously -I remember in the early days of AC there was different audio for different driving views?
That was probably too much work for Luca the sound man for AC !

I'm working on a sound mod for this car now. Listen to the video I post where you here my idle sound of the engine. Don't you seriously hear the big difference?

I think the kind of dynamic sound of an an older v8 with the crackling, small pops, high frequency stuff plus the deep blubb blubb sound that I feel represent it to me is probably is much harder to create and that's why they make the sound without too much noise and dynamic difference. Because in fmod the overlapping between different sounds is difficult with auto pitch and so on. It fast becomes very complex.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 272 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 183 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 181 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 134 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 241 13.6%