what's your fastest lap at SPA 2003 ?

Hey people, i was testing my Ferrari 550 Maranello setup to see what i could improve on it to use on 12 hours of Spa and while testing it with medium slicks i set a lap of 2:06:456 and i'm asking your fastest lap so i can compare and see if i really improved

with stock 03#22 550 maranello at stock spa 03 with default setup I make 2.14.350
with HQ 03#22 550 at HQ spa 03 and stock settings I make 2.15.400

Remember that track record by F.Gollin in 2003 with 550 is 2.15.700, so with 2.06 you are very fast : I will never play against you online :p

with stock 03#22 550 maranello at stock spa 03 with default setup I make 2.14.350
with HQ 03#22 550 at HQ spa 03 and stock settings I make 2.15.400

Remember that track record by F.Gollin in 2003 with 550 is 2.15.700, so with 2.06 you are very fast : I will never play against you online :p

That's quite fast if we consider you are using the default setup, for some reason the default setup in probably all cars in GTR2 they all suck, have like really little downforce on front and on the rear they put a plane wing tilted at 40º, try making your own setup and tell me what time you got

I'm out of practice and I really don't like stock GTR2 cars. Give me HQ cars any day! :D

Tried the stock F550 at stock Spa 03 with a basic qualifying setup (slicks and minimal fuel) and my best time after only a few laps was 2:17 something lol

I really don't know how you people drive with stock FFB params, either. My main GTR2 install was crashing on Spa 03 so I had to use my GTR2 10th Anniversary install and had to go through all the setup again.

At the very least people should be setting "FFB steer force output max="0.95000"" to avoid massive in-game ffb clipping. My other important params are:

FFB steer force grip weight="0.21867" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6. How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.

You can find full PLRs for Stock, HQ, and other mods on my blog:

https://selah.ca/secrets-of-gtr2/#Table_of_Mods_and_Custom_FFB_Files

I have made the HQ cars around 1 sec slower per lap compared to default cars to match real times so you can do a hot lap with HQ version then -1" :)

I have tried but my skills do not allow me to reach your laptime : could you share your setup please in order to see if that transforms me into hamilton or vettel :D

I'm out of practice and I really don't like stock GTR2 cars. Give me HQ cars any day! :D

what makes the HQ cars better than the STOCK?

I have made the HQ cars around 1 sec slower per lap compared to default cars to match real times so you can do a hot lap with HQ version then -1" :)

I have tried but my skills do not allow me to reach your laptime : could you share your setup please in order to see if that transforms me into hamilton or vettel :D

Here you go mate: http://www.mediafire.com/file/10fzcn8r4h1tkme/F550_FAST.svm/

BTW i use this setup for races, so i could probably go faster if i set it to qualify.
**SOME TIPS** at Rivage kick the throttle a few times so it will go to 100% to 0% quickly so that the car will get turning and you will probably go faster. on the turn after Rivage keep as much to the inside without hitting the apex and floor it mid turn and use the steering to keep the car. at Pouhon keep your eyes on the kerbs at the right, when you are half of the kerbs lenght till the start of the turn, brake hard and use the brakes to make the car turn in, you should be at 180km/h after releasing the brakes and then floor it. At the chicane go over the kerbs without cutting the track but get ready to counter-steer hard because your rear may become loose, and when you feel the car is stable floor it and turn gently

thanks for tutorial and setup, I will try to do better times now :)

edit: with your setup I won 1"400 as I am just under 2'12 now but impossible for me to make 2'06" like you, you are too fast for me :confused:

Last edited:
thanks for tutorial and setup, I will try to do better times now :)

edit: with your setup I won 1"400 as I am just under 2'12 now but impossible for me to make 2'06" like you, you are too fast for me :confused:

2'06" is really fast, i remember i did 0,3 seconds slower on the first sector but on the third sector i did so much faster that i was able to hit 2'06" now i'm trying with all my efforts to master the third sector and beat that time

I just came accross this and took a try with the HQ550, with my quickly made base setup attached to this post. Still a bit understeery you will see. Anyway, I made 2.08.809 on third attempt. I would be happy if you tried it. I am gonna try again for the 2.06, will keep you in touch. Cheers !

Attachments

• 550Base.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 106
use the car and track STOCK DEFAULT .... with this config:
-SPA 03 (stock)
-Ferrari 575 gtc GT (stock)

max RPM <<<<
gearbox for more speed (a little longer) <<<
aero 7 (rear wing) obvious
soft tires <<<
low pressure tires <<< a little
fuel only for 2 laps <<<
radiator 3 (half closed for more aerodynamics) <<
brake duct 3 (half closed for more aerodynamics) <<
Time trial mode, it marks the run done and the previous braking marks ... for more help.

With shame I must say that my time was 2:16. (including a slight error in a curve). I tried many times, I wish I could reach 2.15 with a bit more luck ... I am no match for online racers.

2:06 ???...:confused: ... I imagine the stars go by as stripes. Doesn't it get hot due to atmospheric friction?

I tried with the default 550, not the HQ one. With default setup with adjusted fuel, brake duct and tyre, I managed a 2.12.3. This car is pretty awful compared with the HQ one I must say. It guives zero confidence !

Last edited:
Got back to it with the HQ 550 on HQ Spa 03. I am at 2.07.520 now, with still a few mistakes (I brake a bit too late at some corners, and too soon at La Source I think). Maybe one day I will be at your 2.06 ! :)

I put the setup if anyone want to give it a try, great challenge !

And I must add that just going from the stock game version back to the HQ made me feel again the upperlevel quality and effort that were put in the 10th anniversary patch. Awesome ! Just Awesome ! :inlove:

Attachments

• SPA.PNG
    SPA.PNG
    868.1 KB · Views: 174
  • 550SPA.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Got back to it with the HQ 550 on HQ Spa 03. I am at 2.07.520 now, with still a few mistakes (I brake a bit too late at some corners, and too soon at La Source I think). Maybe one day I will be at your 2.06 ! :)

I put the setup if anyone want to give it a try, great challenge !

And I must add that just going from the stock game version back to the HQ made me feel again the upperlevel quality and effort that were put in the 10th anniversary patch. Awesome ! Just Awesome ! :inlove:
are the HQ cars really that good? never really tried them before i decided to stick with the default ones

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%