GT5 What's with the car under brakes??

Hey is it just my or does the car completely seem to loose it under braking from the rear end. Like I know that when you brake the weight is transferred from the back of the car to the front. But if I was to do it in my car in real life the back end wouldn't step out that much.

Try moving the brake bias to the front, if that causes too much locking and you're still having issues then just put ABS on to 1 and adjust from there, the active control thing set to "mild" can also help there, if the result is a more life like or enjoyable experience then go for it. Also try to not drive the car so hard, i was finding i was pushing some cars too hard, and when i took a breathe and slowed down my laptimes got faster as i wasnt trying to nail the gun all the time, the road cars are too loosey goosey to be driven like race cars.

I didn't know you could do it while driving how do yo do that??

Depends on your controller. On my DFGT there is a button + dial combo which allows you to adjust various things while actually driving, such as TC, ABS, stability control, brake bias, etc. Brilliant for finding what's right for each car. Not sure what the mappings are on other wheels or joypad... check the options menu.

With regards to the actual bias itself, I find its better to just reduce the rear rather than increase the front. That way you reduce spins without increasing locking.

Na theres a few "tankslapper" cars where the tyres will pull you in a different direction and throw the car off balance so you spin, even if you're braking in a straight line. Those cars are extremely unpredictable to drive and that makes them hard and annoying, you cant really make them do what you want without some epic battle which results in you being slow.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back