What's up with those ads?

Please, PLEASE tell me you guys are kidding??

ADS randomly placed between threads and at the bottom of every 1st, 2nd and 3rd post of EVERY THREAD?

Is that really the way you want to go with RaceDepartment?
Beacause it is most definitely not what I would like to see... plus it really takes the point out of having people donating doesn't it?

You just explained perfectly why I highlighted you Wayne. Nothing more to add :)
And if I sign my team to the next I will pay my way as My team is now making money.
Nobody has to pay their way when entering a league, so you don't have to either. Also this thread is not about our helpful donating supporters but was started with the question why we run ads (like 99% of the websites on the internet).

The reason we had (and have) problems with donating is that a small group of peopel always have to pay for the fun of others and with the size of this community that is absurd.

You say you are making money with your sim racing team? Can I ask you a question then?

If you sign up for the fourth season of the RDLMS next year how would you feel if we block the ads of your team sponsor on your car and have a full field of shiny painted cars but yours remains white with nothing on it. Every time your vehicle is shown in the broadcast we mute the sound and blur the image so you get no airtime. How would that make you feel? Or your sponsor that is actually paying you to be on your car and expects some publicity in return?

Hope you still see the humor Wayne.

And why is that Bram Seems to me like you still have a problem with a row that took place 2 years ago.

Because it seems to me that with you I do not have freedom to speak any time I post how I feel you jump on it.

So you tell me why that is?

You cant sit in the throne with out saying things Bram if its some thing you want to say but now on here You have me on MSN so do so on there because I am getting feed up with it.

So you tell me why that is?
So you and everybody else on this forum can have an opinion and I have to remain silent and can't respond? Bit strange not.

I find your posts sometimes rude, full of frustration and often I don't agree with what you are saying or the way you express yourself. Since this is a forum where things get discussed I am perfectly entitled to voice my opinion also just like you and anybody else can. The moment posts and threads break our forum rules or go too far staff steps in to either close the discussion or tries to put it back on track just like on any other forum on the interwebs.

you make no point ther ethat i have not if you had read what I had put I said that no of us should have to pay for others.

As I have also said I pay to race on sites where I think they do a good job some thing I feel RD has not done in a long time.

The only league that is any good on here was the RDLMS but they will prob go down the pain now (only time will tell on that front)

I think all leagues should be paid in leagues as its leagues that take the most of every thing to run.

I also thing staff should as well.

I still have pleanty of hummer Bram sitting here lmao at this

Seems to me we can all have a say as long as it goes along with your say Bram Well I wont Unlike most on here that will say it all so you cant here it I will You don't scare me oh forgot the to put a :) at the end soo its all meant as no harm lmao

you make no point ther ethat i have not if you had read what I had put I said that no of us should have to pay for others.
If none of us have to pay for others, then who is paying for the monthly bills as its obviously okay to block advertisements according to your posts (quote: i dont want that crap on my screen)?

Coming from the man that said "@Eifion and Wayne: try to squeeze those buttocks a bit harder guys" You think that a :) at the end does not make that rude well where I come from that is rude.

A metaphor for tight ass.

That's why you get memberships going Bram Like Paying to enter leagues. the good thing with that way of doing it is you can offer things at the end like medals and the like I would be more then happy to do that as then we all pay our way to use what is there.

I can only repeat what I said a few posts above. We will not ask entry fees for our races Wayne. Never did, never will. This community was started years ago to create a place to race for free. Demanding people to pay to enter a race doesn't fit in that philosophy.

So you and everybody else on this forum can have an opinion and I have to remain silent and can't respond?

Voltaire is quoted as saying; "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"....

It's a basic tennet of the right to the freedom of speech....
Some sites will, if not edit them out, cut people off for the stuff they have to say at times which at times is fair enough,
& other times can leave you wondering....
At least here at RD we can, within reason, voice our opinions.
Surely the administrators should be allowed to do the same.....

As I have also said I pay to race on sites where I think they do a good job some thing I feel RD has not done in a long time.

The only league that is any good on here was the RDLMS but they will prob go down the pain now (only time will tell on that front)

I think all leagues should be paid in leagues as its leagues that take the most of every thing to run.

I also thing staff should as well.

I still have pleanty of hummer Bram sitting here lmao at this

Seems to me we can all have a say as long as it goes along with your say Bram Well I wont Unlike most on here that will say it all so you cant here it I will You don't scare me oh forgot the to put a :) at the end soo its all meant as no harm lmao
just drop the whole act, your showing no1 else up but yourself.

Bram has explained why, but it truly is simple, if you don't like ads and have a attituide then it's your right to leave the website, do so if your unpleased.

Scott Shush

That's a bit disrespectful don't you think? Posting garbage like this of course someone is going to react. What else did you expect? At the end of the day, if you don't wish to donate that is your choice and I respect that.

But that DOES NOT give you the right to complain about ads placed on the site. They have to fund it somehow.

It's pretty simple the ads atm are a test its all to see if its worth having around to cover some of the costs of RD.

The ads themselves have no effect on the day to day running of the place, yes they are a little bit of an eyesore but they may be able to rearrange the ads into different positions at a later date with any luck.

Everyone who uses this forum should be able to comprehend the overall benefits of this system, hell ive been using google adsense since the end of November 2011 on my youtube and im just shy of £100 thats about 0-15 hits a day so far on a mere youtube channel that has only 50,000 video hits since I started monetisation. Take RD who probably get that may hits in a day and potentially you have yourself a secure place to race for the future and lets face it thats what we all want in the end.

Mod edit: removed some lines.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years