What's up with those ads?

Please, PLEASE tell me you guys are kidding??

ADS randomly placed between threads and at the bottom of every 1st, 2nd and 3rd post of EVERY THREAD?

Is that really the way you want to go with RaceDepartment?
Beacause it is most definitely not what I would like to see... plus it really takes the point out of having people donating doesn't it?

I don't mind if there are some ad's here and there..

Bram, Xosè and the rest of the RD staff is doing a superb job keeping this community going smoothly!
I am honored to be allowed to take apart of this awesome family we have here!

I try to donate when i can, but unfortunately i have way more debt than income so i do not have much left in the end of the month :( and the fact that i can't support the site more than i do annoys me..
But i will click as many ad's as possible when i see them! :D

I must have click on 50-60 adds today:D I hope my contribution helps
I wouldn't do that, fake clicks are frowned upon.

Clicks on Google ads must result from genuine user interest. Any method that artificially generates clicks or impressions on your Google ads is strictly prohibited. These prohibited methods include, but are not limited to, repeated manual clicks or impressions, automated click and impression generating tools and the use of robots or deceptive software. Please note that clicking your own ads for any reason is prohibited.

http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=48182

Clicks on Google ads must result from genuine user interest. Any method that artificially generates clicks or impressions on your Google ads is strictly prohibited. These prohibited methods include, but are not limited to, repeated manual clicks or impressions, automated click and impression generating tools and the use of robots or deceptive software. Please note that clicking your own ads for any reason is prohibited.

Sorry I thought I was helping out

http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=48182

If you are gonna put sneaky ads between threads then I think you can expect fake clicks. If an advertiser complained that I clicked artificially I think they could go and boil their heads!
Sounds like getting in trouble for not ordering from that takeaway menu junk mail you didn't ask to have through your letterbox!

Banner ads are ok, or on the side where nobody looks, but ads cropping up and made to look like threads between threads just doesn't look professional and is nasty.

I hope Bram and the team find a better alternative.

Its a genuine ad position in Xenforo. Just the default template.

As said a few times, just chip in a tiny donation and you dont see any ads. Or just accept it as 99% of the websites on the internet have ads. Or send us three or four top notch server machines that we can place for free in a datacenter, that would also be a good solution :)

One way or the other the costs of this site have to be covered in order for it to continue.

I was seeing those ads before my Gold donation last month ran out actually Bram so no need to get sarky with me as usual.

I am just expressing my opinion of the ads appearing between threads being a little bit crafty, whether I donate or not, which I did plan to do as soon as my last one ran out.

Also no need to condescend about sending you 3 or 4 servers to stop seeing ads, I know how it works, I just think there are preferable places to position ads, default position or not.

You can place ads all over a page at the boundaries but when people dont click them they are useless. Most people dont know how online advertising works and seeing the following quote you are one of those people (no offense though)

Banner ads are ok, or on the side where nobody looks

A click means a microscopic tiny payment. No clicks (just viewing) means no payment at all.

Therefore an ad needs to be placed on a good position and the one you refer to has a better click rate compared to the other ads that hardly generate anything at all and only pollute the screen imo.

golfingatrd.png

This ad really confuses me, especially being on the front page of a racing website lol...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 13.9%