What's up with the lack of mods / complete rubbish?

I see some people like Patrick release amazing tracks and some others have released excellent skins.

But apart from that nothing....just the usual old recycled crap with no new features.

What's the feeling out there? Is AMS going to be dead in the water or are great things planned?

They didn't make it unmoddable but they didn't release any info on how to make the new shaders work. Patrick signed an NDA to find out.

Plus AMS wasn't supposed to have a long life so modders are not likely to spend much time working on a sim that won't be developed for very long.

Well we gotta agree to disagree, Reiza did nothing to make AMS unmodable tho
Obviously reiza has intellectual property to hide, but I do think along the same lines as Dann. That it certainly didn't help matters for us modders, I think really that's all that's being said, not that they're being deliberately awkward. At the end of the day its NOT for Reiza to care about, they're sole concern is to push out as higher quality content as possible, not whether its moddable. Dann wasn't attacking anyone but I agree with you Dann. But I understand why this was done, 100% totally.

29262kw.jpg

I've been enjoying AMS for several months as just a user, racing around and enjoying the games core features and addon's being apart of Reiza51

Reiza's team has done an exceptional job with this sim.. For several years I've also enjoyed creating scratch built car,s I also do all my own texture work, templates, pretty much everything from A to Z.. Would I mod AMS?. Hell yeah! :) But I don't know all the in's and out's of this platform, since I never did get into modding rfactor years back. I enjoy modeling all different types of stuff, RC and Oval.. If there new game in 2017 is moddable or you have to sign a NDA I would happily join in on that band wagon.. For now I'm enjoying the game.. :)

Dave aka DaveO

Attached are just a few of the cars & textures I've built from scratch. :)

Spafco.jpg
SCP_show.png
test11.jpg
test10.jpg
lajoie1.jpg
LFR.jpg
I

.View attachment 171942 View attachment 171942 View attachment 171942 View attachment 171942
LFR.jpg

SCP_show.png
test11.jpg
SCP_show.png test11.jpg
test10.jpg
lajoie1.jpg
LFR.jpg

Last edited:
Dude can you port these to Wreckfest? Would be perfect for oval banger races! :inlove:

Maybe one of these days.. Right now just enjoying some down time, and enjoying AMS, and working on a few side projects for another sim. I truly do want to learn to edit and mod AMS one day, or maybe there newer game in the future.. Need to find some free time to dig into game one day.. :) Sadly didn't find much for tutorials for the game. So it's more of the matter of finding free time to teach myself.. LOL

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%