What's up with my speedo?

Hi all :)

I have just reinstalled Evo, because I wanted to use the steam version rather than offline due to the RaceRoom mod and recent patches only coming out on steam :p

I then copied over my gamedata userdata and uidata folders to get all my mods back.

Anyway, I'm guessing that I stuffed somewhere cause now all the stuff to do with revs are stuffed up. That includes the speed/rev thingy and the graph showing gear ratios.

Does anybody know how to fix this? FM96

IMG_0116.jpg

It could well be that you over wrote something that you should not have. Did it ask permission to overwrite anything while you were copying? If it did I would suggest that you go to steam and uninstall then reinstall the game. When you do this, you don't have to download again as the install files were left on your system so that it can do the install again if needed. Once you get that done, you don't need to copy everything, just what was updated from the mods you have. You may also consider just downloading the mods again and dropping them in place once you get the game installed again.

Some offline mods don't work correctly with the online version of the game. Your best bet is to delete them all from the game folder, and then resinstall them manually one by one. Check any readme files they may have, as they often note compatibility.

In library highlight the game right click and delete local content. Then re-download.

Deleting mods can be a pain, but installing them again is as easy as you did originally.

A fresh install is always the best idea, and like Ross said, do the mods one at a time so you know whats causing the error.

I know I'm going off topic in my own thread but... LOL

Back on topic, thanks John, I will try and fix the problem later/tomorrow and let you know what happens.

What confuses me is that the only new mod I installed when moving to steam was the T2L Porsche Super/Carrera Cup mod, and I doubt Gunthar would release a mod with that sort of issue, so it must have been a steam-incompatibility issue with something I copied over.

Try to run your game on a clean installed version of RACE and see if your problem keeps excisting.

Try the following:

- delete (or backup) your entire RACE 07 folder inside the steam folder
- Open steam and start RACE 07
- RACE 07 will be unpacked again quickly and you have a fresh game again.

Oh, right. Thanks for the info, I haven't reinstalled yet so is there a way I can reinstall the patch? I have noticed in the SteamApps directory (I think) there are some files named 'Race 07 files' and 'Race 07 Gtr evolution' and so on. They are .gcf and after some research I found they are a sort of archive and I found a tool that can open/extract them. If extracted those RACE 07 and GTRE files and overwrote my install with them, would they contain the patch and do no harm?

I think that you might be playing with fire there FerrariMan96. If your game isn't patching up, try uninstall and reinstall in different directory to see if that makes a difference. Don't drop any mods in until you see if it will patch. As for the .gcf files unless you know exactly what you are doing I would not mess with them as that could make it to where you can't race with others as you might get flagged as a hacked game and not allowed on the servers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back