Team ORSM

Just look at the community content cars. they allow all the rims.. If you build your own car with that as the basis, the change to get into game on a specific season is as simple as adding that seasons reference into the VEH file for your car. Don't mess with the upgrades.. It will only cause you pain in the long run.

If it is for an online championship, you should build it off the Community Content files as this is what it was designed for.

what normally causes this is if you are using the ORSM physics, and the physical model mesh is a slightly different size to the ORSM models.

Not a big issue though. I did an adjustment using an offset function in the physics when we matched the A9X and XC GT models to their GTC cars for the SIMWorld simulation centre in Perth. The offset is graphical in nature only, and doesn't change the geometry of the cars. How does your VF look in comparison to the ORSM models? A lot of times the appearance differences makes it not viable to match them in game as it doesn't look right.

Thanks bacon, I have fixed the wheels, there was a double up in the .mas file for wheels, so I just deleted the ones that were in a slightly different position.

Cars on track look similar in gloss level etc, except for the rims and tires. The orsm ones are the best I've seen in gloss levels etc, and as those files are locked, I can't replicate the spec maps etc.

Thanks for the reply guys.

What if someone was willing to contribute to the modelling side of things? I am not saying a full blown 100% accurate representation of each car. Would be thinking generic chassis, seat, steering wheel, gear lever etc but then car specific bodies, wings, dashes etc.

I only ask as i am pretty keen on a more current V8 mod but tarmac is not where I am wanting to be spending my time. Just before Bathurst we made a start on a Volvo which can be seen here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sim-Speedway/534230786693175 but as the page shows our focus is really dirt oval. I was always a fan of the Unleashed mod over any of the others so if there is any interest in rejuvenating the mod I'd be keen.

One word.. Wow. That was knocked up over a weekend???

What you are talking about is close to the COTF anyway, with the body being the only real change to the models between makes. I will have a chat to Neil and see what his thoughts are, and if it was a decision to move towards any new release, I would think a 2015 season with the last of the Ford and Holden Aussie models, and the other 3 makes would be a nice tribute to the end of the Aussie manufacturing era. Would 4 other models be too much do you think?

One word.. Wow. That was knocked up over a weekend???
Yeah correct 2.5 days. It is a spinner stand version as was going for appeal though but what you see is from scratch.

What you are talking about is close to the COTF anyway, with the body being the only real change to the models between makes.
Yeah correct obviously die hards want the works and will pick apart the little things but reality is when your driving at 150k+ your looking at two things your front windscreen and the car in front of you lol.

If you guys are willing to do the rest I am happy to get the models done and unwrapped for texturing etc. You guys will be involved in overlooking the models progress and providing feedback for improvements and alterations. Any help that can be provided for resources would also be appreciated.

I'd be keen on trying to piece together the 2014 cars and then we can just add whatever is needed to update to a 2015 version. I think I read somewhere that the 2015 cars will be announced by the final round.

had my hard drive go tits up, had some stuff backed up but not all, worst part is losing all my fonts.
may try a data recovery service, but not sure it`s worth the money.
I have used such a service before and although they did recover my data, a lot of graphics files were partialy damaged or totaly corrupt, not sure I would bother again?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back