Team ORSM

Hi,

I've heard that Team ORSM don't approve of the illegal conversion of Mt Panorama to Game Stock Car Extreme. I wanted to ask, if I may be so bold, if this stance might be reconsidered so we could use the track in the GSC club (after all, GSC is basically rF1 improved). Are there plans to release it for GSCE ever?

No harm in asking if there are plans for this, hope it doesn't upset anyone.

Thanks.

Better Screenshots :)

I got the wheels to work.

Attachments

• rFactor 2014-10-29 20-19-02-12.jpg
    rFactor 2014-10-29 20-19-02-12.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 750
  • rFactor 2014-10-29 20-19-40-14.jpg
    rFactor 2014-10-29 20-19-40-14.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 480
Nice job! While I do like the idea of using a CD lock for this, what about people who bought it on Steam?
It would be cool if you could get those wheels onto the FG too. It would make the 13-14 FGs look heaps more accurate.
I have thought of that. My copy is the steam version as well. We will have to see what happens.

I have put the rims on the orsm falcon, as well as the Volvo and Mercedes that I have. but for obvious reasons, I won't be showing them.

Tomas, don't forget to extract the textures from the livery user folder. Once it's in 3dsimed, there are plenty of tutorial on the net on how to get the car into rfactor.

I've been trying to do just that mate, but keep getting error messages that the .pssg file is incomplete or corrupt. Figured out that its probably because I've added V8 skins over the top of the default ones, just doing a reinstall now to see if that fixes it.

Found a tutorial on how to get the car into rfactor, looks a little complex but we'll see how it goes :)

I haven't managed to get it onto the track yet. Just keeps crashing. Maybe being grid auto sport is contributing to that.

As this is my first car, I'm still not 100% sure what I'm doing in that and what to look for if it does not load

Trav is spot on.

The other thing that is driving people away from this as a hobby is that there are a few unscrupulous people in the community who will modify or convert models to other platforms without the consent of the modeller who spent hundreds of hours building stuff from scratch for 1 specific platform (tracks and cars)..

Oh, and there is a new one I have seen recently.... People make claims that the models are stolen from someone else to justify why they haven't asked permission (not from the author or the person it has "apparently" been stolen from) before releasing them as their own work.

If only people realised how hard modding really is, and treated those who do it as a hobby with more respect, then there would be more peeps staying in the community.

That's not just me having a whinge.. I have seen a lot of good people pass thru this community and leave because of this frustration. imaging how big it could have been!!!

Hi Andrew

It's not the fact that this platform is based on the ISI framework. but ORSM does have certain rights to the work it completes and the individuals who have spent their time to complete the work for the rFactor community to use.

Remember, the work was completed by people like you and I, and the 2 modellers (Stu and Krunch) spent literally over a thousand man hours to complete the modelling. ON top of that, we had a team of about 10-15 people testing the thing for hundreds of hours after that to get it to a releasable standard.

I will ask Krunch, but based on the fact someone has completed the conversion without being granted permission initially, then I would think the polite way to approach it would be to have the person who completed the conversion request permission. No guarantees though.

Bacon

this looks to be beyond my capabilities, i spent a good deal of the day trying to make some kind of realistic progress, just kidding myself i think.

all the tutorials that appear to have any similar content to this are either near impossible to follow or in another language, as far as i can see anyway :(

Thanks for the reply. I completely understand where you're coming from, which is the reason I am here asking politely.

I'm not sure who did the conversion, and I have next to no experience modding stuff personally. At the end of the day, I'm just one guy following the rules regarding respecting people's work. I'm saying that there's a whole bunch of people who'd like to take those hundreds of hours that were put in to good use, and continue to enjoy the end result, this time on GSC. If the answer is no, I'll respect that, but as I said above I thought I'd at least ask. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back