whats the thing with spinning under brakin? and how resolve?

• Thread starter Deleted member 963434
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 963434

• Deleted member 963434

in ACC we have two setups to choose STABLE to drive car easy or AGRESIVE and car harder to drive
it seems AMS2 all cars setups are default and i mean FACTORY defaults so you may not touch car until you fix setup, for me it looks like that

my best very driveable setup was :
brake bias F/R 67/33 (default was 65/35)
brake power 100% (default 95%)
brake duct opening 80% front, 60% rear
(default 50% for both is a joke, brakes overheating every turn, front was more overheating and loosing brake power then rears as have less temps makes more braking power and car spins so why would they make same ducts for both , especially if they make more bias towards front??)
ABS 4/10 sometimes 3/10. funny think is it looks like more ABS i set the car tends to spin more in turns XD like if ABS was working only on fronts not let them to lock but like it not worked for rear so i brake hard ABS prevent front from locking, but rear locks instead and i have e-brake effect then
this setup was MOST driveable but even then i spin sometimes if i FORGET to be gentle with braking

so i tried to copy AGGRESSIVE setup from ACC into AMS2 for car BMW M6 and it not work too...
brake bias in ACC AGRESIVE is 59/41 !!!! STABLE for comparison is still 60/40 so just 1 % difference between stable and agresive... in AMS i have 67/33 and car spin sometimes but in ACC 59/41 and to spin under braking i must really want it tried spin it by braking aggresively and turning wheel and ABS just doin its job, i tried on 3 turns and succeded repplicate AMS2 behaviours at 4th turn only cause it was downhill turn!!! i dont get it why? so i tried 59/41 in AMS2 and car spins when i just touch brake ,its so bad my engine even stalls for a second LOL same car same setup and so difference between games
brake power 100% for both games
brake duct opening in ACC is 4/6 for both brakes , i think 4/6 they mean 66% or tey just dont let brake ducts at 0%?? i dont know but i tried 70% front and rear in AMS2 and it worsened too with temps, front was catchin 700 degrees every turn while rear stay below 300, while using 80% front , 60% rear temps are 500 degree front and 400 degree rear so its less diference between both and brakin is stable
ABS i think remained same as i was using 4/10 , thoug i think the lower is better in AMS2 so i sometimes even use 3/10, but in ACC it is 2/5 so i thing its same settin as 2/5 equal 4/10

conclusion car in AM2 is completely undriveable if i copy setup from ACC, same car and so different i wonder which game uses more real setup? why its even like that in modern simulators that is so different, i thoug they mean to simulate real life physics same physics and now is question which one simulates it better? nobody can tell and its weird.
i also compared to BMW M6 GT3 in raceroom and they even have 68/32 brake bias for that car. so its now 2 games saying better have more toward front vs 1 game sayin better have it in the middle, but which ones got it right? i think did KUNOS worked with real teams to make setups so they got physicks righ?
what i mean as its simulators the truth abous physicks is same setup for same car should work in all simulators same as real life if they was all comparable to real life, but it looks like every sim is every different world with different laws of physicks.

• Deleted member 963434

i found video looks im not that bad guy using 75% brake power and almost same brake bias and have even more duck opening at 90% front rear same as me
but how it looks? in AMS2 you must use 66/34 and in ACC can use 59/41 which one make it more real then? cant tell

Turn off ABS and threshold brake instead. ABS currently just makes the car harder to drive, not easier (inconsistent brake response but still locks and spins). And definitely don't use brake pressure at 100%, more like 80-90% unless you have load cell pedals. And yes, monitoring brake temps and adjusting ducts is very important.

Ok, so I am not sure if this will help but I will give this a try..SO we all know braking is serious biz..Ideally you would want the brakes set up 50/50 so that each tire can do the max in stopping the car..The problem is, the rears will lock up...what i do is go to the hardest braking zone and take a good guess and start setting it forward until the rear dont lock first..If you are braking and spinning it is a real chance that is the problem..The other and more likely is the diff is too open, which is to say the preload is too low, or too much angle on coast ramp which would be 30 instead of 50...If it is not the rears locking up it may be the diff opening in a hard brake zone..I certainly never go near 100 percent on brake pressure..above 90 is for hard not much if any trail braking like Monza turn 1..Honestly, I stay between 85 and 90 percent...I hope this helps..Also, it has been my experience that sims do port over to each other well...Each one has its gimmicks so in AMS2 tire pressure is not as important as in ACC..Honestly you are just keeping the tires in a timp window...And this is a trade secret but setups should aim for having even wear on tires and keeping them in temp range...This is mostly accomplished with the ARBs...Moreover, the brakes jump up with heat real fast so dont worry if you look at them and see them get hot..its more about them getting below 300 before the next turn...you mostly dont need them that open..And one last thing...The BMW GT3 is a bit of a meme..Dont judge the game on that car..I really wish they would re do it...Trust me drive any of the other GT3s ftw..

• Deleted member 963434

Turn off ABS and threshold brake instead. ABS currently just makes the car harder to drive, not easier (inconsistent brake response but still locks and spins). And definitely don't use brake pressure at 100%, more like 80-90% unless you have load cell pedals. And yes, monitoring brake temps and adjusting ducts is very important.
do lower pressure affect braking distance? opinions are different but recently i get rfactor 2 and pressure setting is measured in kg there, like bmw m4 spec 1 has it in setup default at 83% (100 kg) an can be set up to 100% (120 kg) and every car in game has adjustable braking power. so i wonder if its just sim thing for peopple wit weaker pedals? or its adjustable too in real cars so it affect braking distance in real life??

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 963434

Ok, so I am not sure if this will help but I will give this a try..SO we all know braking is serious biz..Ideally you would want the brakes set up 50/50 so that each tire can do the max in stopping the car..The problem is, the rears will lock up...what i do is go to the hardest braking zone and take a good guess and start setting it forward until the rear dont lock first..If you are braking and spinning it is a real chance that is the problem..The other and more likely is the diff is too open, which is to say the preload is too low, or too much angle on coast ramp which would be 30 instead of 50...If it is not the rears locking up it may be the diff opening in a hard brake zone..I certainly never go near 100 percent on brake pressure..above 90 is for hard not much if any trail braking like Monza turn 1..Honestly, I stay between 85 and 90 percent...I hope this helps..Also, it has been my experience that sims do port over to each other well...Each one has its gimmicks so in AMS2 tire pressure is not as important as in ACC..Honestly you are just keeping the tires in a timp window...And this is a trade secret but setups should aim for having even wear on tires and keeping them in temp range...This is mostly accomplished with the ARBs...Moreover, the brakes jump up with heat real fast so dont worry if you look at them and see them get hot..its more about them getting below 300 before the next turn...you mostly dont need them that open..And one last thing...The BMW GT3 is a bit of a meme..Dont judge the game on that car..I really wish they would re do it...Trust me drive any of the other GT3s ftw..
theres also thing when i just lock rears an car go slide i just release brakes and countersteer but car still goes slide, i found i think its a bug (but maybe not as im never driven gt3 car irl, and never had oversteer cause of too much braking in real life) that if you press throttle mid slide you stop sliding and front react to countersteering, if you just release brake, countersteer but not press throttle no matter how much countersteer yo apply yo always gone.
i will check that brake pressure but afraid it longers brake distance is it or not?
and i never abandon my BMWs !!! dont even tell me that xD

• Deleted member 963434

sry..sims dont port over well with each other..
yes and thats weird, tey all aspire to simulate real world physicks so why settin brake bias in one sim 59/41 is stable under brakin and other sim must use 67/33 for SAME CAR ??? so who get better physicks? or all sims use their own physicks completely different to real world physicks???
i would try rfactor 2 bmw m6 but car too expensive currently for me :sad:
also my APOLOGISE , actually car in RACEROOM has 58/42 brake bias my mistake ! i mean same car BMW m^ gt3 setup for SPA particularry is brake bias:
AMS 67/33 i use but default 65/35
RRRE 58/42
ACC 59/41
so for now it seems AMS2 is 1 vs 2 but who got physicks better ? cans tell AMS2 has it wrong cause you know, dont want it to be second Copernicus who said its earth orbiting sun when all others thing its sun orbiting earth etc xD yo always must compare sim to real thing not sim to sim so who can tell which is more real then?? we need gt3 driver to drive AMS2 and tell us

• Deleted member 963434

we need gt3 driver to drive AMS2 and tell us
and thus i think its ACC got it better cause i know during development KUNOS had gt3 drivers to check car handling for them, and i never read Reiza had gt 3 drivers in their team, also ACC is only gt3 oriented and AMS2 not, so why would they bring gt3 drivers to help them make game? i think reiza need fix it rear brakes locking, thats for sure

do lower pressure affect braking distance? opinions are different but recently i get rfactor 2 and pressure setting is measured in kg there, like bmw m4 spec 1 has it in setup default at 83% (100 kg) an can be set up to 100% (120 kg) and every car in game has adjustable braking power. so i wonder if its just sim thing for peopple wit weaker pedals? or its adjustable too in real cars so it affect braking distance in real life??
The answer is "Yes" if the limit of longitudinal grip limit under deceleration is not reached after reducing brake pressure. But for a lot of cars in AMS2, already at 90% brake pressure you experience so many lockups that you need to constantly modulate the brake pedal anyway and therefore the brake pressure can be safely lowered with no negative effect on braking distance. One of the fastest aliens on AMS2 says he uses 80-85% brake pressure in some cars.

• Deleted member 963434

The answer is "Yes" if the limit of longitudinal grip limit under deceleration is not reached after reducing brake pressure. But for a lot of cars in AMS2, already at 90% brake pressure you experience so many lockups that you need to constantly modulate the brake pedal anyway and therefore the brake pressure can be safely lowered with no negative effect on braking distance. One of the fastest aliens on AMS2 says he uses 80-85% brake pressure in some cars.
so i think i stay wit 100% as i already developed pretty precise braking manner on my foot, i want have more controll and fast react to brakes like 1% too much and feel on wheel car loosing and release brekes a bit then press again. abs at 3/10 help me wit that but i must tell i must be very concentrated under braking so i wait patiently untill they fix it.. or maybe i try lower it a bit. yesterday i was usin 95% and no spins so maybe i stay wit that but need to test it a bit in multiplayer

• Deleted member 963434

but must tell kinda breaks immersion as in ACC, RRRE and (i think) real life yo stomp on brake hard and in ams2 yo must be gentle wit it like it was moon landing thing lol

To be honest you will have to give AMS2 some time..and you need to be very aware of something that is both a blessing and a curse...AMS2 does not have 1 class that is the go to racing class, which is to say, you will need to practice with other cars outside of GT3...I really like finding that 1 car and grinding it too, but this game will make you get out of your comfort zone...Trust me, I have been playing AMS2 for around 9 months and because it makes you get out of your comfort zone and try new cars and new tracks it will make a better driver and give you a better understanding of setups..I do wish the community would pick 3 or 4 classes to be the go to because it is fun to grind a car like you can with ACC and PC2 but i guess if you are really into that one car its not like you cant play 2 sims..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back