What's the smallest but still good tripple monitor stand?

Hi all,

I'm wondering if people can point me in the direction of the smallest tripple monitor stand they know of that will hold 3 x 27" monitors.

I have a very small space to try and fit it into so I'm trying to find a stand that's not much wider in the space batween the legs that hold it up than your standard 8020 rig width.

My 8020 rig is 56cm / 22" wide so somthing around say 66cm / 26" wide would be great.

Cheers :)

How about fitting the monitorstand to your rig base.

My DIY profile rig has a mount for the triple 27s and a fourth 24" monitor just added to it.
Get the same profile as it used for your rig and fabricate the mounts.

Something like this (maybe a little better quality) for adjusting the monitors:

If you want to avoid DIY this could be an emergency solution, not sure if this would be rigid enough:

You should be able to find examples on the web.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
Hey stigs2cousin - yeah I think building somthing on the rig it's self might do the trick.

Somthing like this:

Then if I lack floor space use the 8020's from this on my 8020 rig so it's the base holding it up :)
I would love something just like that, but built to sit on a table, and able to support 3x32" 16:9 monitors at maximum. I'd be looking to use 3x27" 16:9 monitors though. Would it be more cost effective to build my own solution or go with something manufactured?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would love something just like that, but built to sit on a table, and able to support 3x32" 16:9 monitors at maximum. I'd be looking to use 3x27" 16:9 monitors though. Would it be more cost effective to build my own solution or go with something manufactured?
Well, than do a sketch and spec the parts out, aluminium profil and connectors are not rocket science ;).

I can´t give you any sources since I´m in Germany and you on the other side of the "big pond"
For a first look ( probably not the best choice pricewise) try Amazon.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
Hey Wilko Jones I'm thinking I might buy parts from simlab so I can customise what I'm after.

See this page for all their bits:

And see here for their custom cut aluminum profile:

Here's what I'm thinking of getting that should build a better stand than the one the sell as standard but it will cost a bit:

Vario Vesa Adapter kit (3 pieces) x 3

XERO-PLAY™ Triple Pivot Adapters Set x 1

Aluminium Extrusion Profile 40-Series - a few bits and I have some I can resue that will come off my rig when I replace bits.

NOTE if your in the UK there is now 21% Import charge.

I'm thinking of getting the custome bits but maybe trying to find somewhere in the uk for the profile.

So you could make a table top solution with short legs :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, than do a sketch and spec the parts out, aluminium profil and connectors are not rocket science ;).

I can´t give you any sources since I´m in Germany and you on the other side of the "big pond"
For a first look ( probably not the best choice pricewise) try Amazon.

MFG Carsten
I still have to sketch up something, but just looking at Amazon, its going to cost more than the stands I have seen. In the end, it will be worth the cost, because; I will have a solution that is completely custom tailored to my needs and, it will have a great deal of expandability. On top of that, I will not need to drill any holes into my drafting table. The mount can be stable, and sturdy while just being something that simply sits in place.

Thanks for the suggestions. I get to be creative on this project. Looking forward to figuring it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back