What's the fastest you've ever gone in your vehicle?

In my Jeep GC SRT 8 I did almost 280kph

Im my Mazdaspeed 3 230kph so far lol!

I was quite impressed at how stable the GC was and at how quickly I reached the top speed. Slowing down was nice with having the huge factory Brembo brakes.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also went for top speed in my girlfriend's new Mustang. It is a V6 6spd and has 305hp but quickly discovered that it is governed at just under 220kph :thumbsdown: but my girlfriend will never see speeds that high.....well at least i don't think she will :cautious:

My Leon 1.8 Turbo is running 242 on its speedometer, which resulted in a massive 232 kph on GPS. So in reality 232 is 3 more than promised data hehe
Looking for a 270 kph car for the future. But those speeds are in fact useless^^

Hayabusa on the Ring - my friend talked me into joining him, it was his bike. Hell of a ride - still afraid of dying when I even think about it.

That's slightly above 300 kph.

in my grandfather's car i've done 182kph, it is a '01 e220 Mercedez-benz, i don't know what is the horsepower or the engine size, but it can do more than that, one of the first trips my grandfather did on the car he reach 220kph, and the car was really stable, he didn't even noticed until he looked at the speedometer :roflmao:
in my car, ( it is a'07 1.1 Hyundai Getz) i've done 160 kph, i think that it can't go any faster :D

I use to drive for a living delivering\collecting new & used Cars, Trucks & Buses on Trade Plates, the fastest I've driven was in one of the original Lexus LS400's, I hit about 148 Mph in that. My current car, a 2.0TDCi 160ps Insignia will very easily hit 133Mph, about 6Mph short of the claimed figure which it would probably hit eventually.

It's quite fun driving fast in a Tractor Unit or Truck Chassis, we delivered a fleet of Merc Powerliners and to bypass the limiter you rapidly switched the ignition on and off, you could easily get it to between 80-90Mph :D

Ex-Wade Camshafts developments 308 Holden I had that could sit on 8,600rpm all day (when in fine fettle) 4speed 'box(M-22 modified) & 2.78:1 diff=276 on paper (speedo didn't work) & 282 with 2.60:1 diff & 15" rims.
It would actually pull about 9000rpm with valve bounce if you didn't mind rebuilding the heads every couple of months.
Ran that combo in several bodies including a VERY low & stripped-out HJ Statesman which was most stable, but mostly ran it in a stripped-down HZ Ute & then a HZ 1tonner...
1Tonner was scary at top speed to say the least, but felt good until 220/230.
Ute possibly had the best 'all-over' feel possibly due to it's low ride height (nearly as low as the Statesman) & my 'experimental' ground effects....lol
It didn't look pretty which is probably why it blew so many away just after they'd been blow-away....hehehe
Such a shame that motor was stolen & I miss it greatly although I would have only got myself into more trouble if I still had it...
Im sure Ive been quicker on a bike but I was too busy to pay attention (track day GSXR1000 & 675 Triumph @ Eastern Creek)
Errr....it WAS meant to be speeds that Ive propelled myself at wasn't it?
(Ive been slightly quicker as a passenger)
Must stop thinking about it now, Im getting the itch again....:unsure:

On the Autobahn, 196 km/h in my Mk1 (NA) MX-5 Miata, according to the GPS.

She wouldn'a do much more captain, but imho, not bad - actually pretty close to the original top speed, considering it's from 1992.

Must stop thinking about it now, Im getting the itch again....

Tell me about it, I miss my old Holden VE GTS like hell.......more impressive than the top speed was how quick it got from 60mph to 165mph, now that was impressive, nearly as impressive as how quick it stopped even on OEM brakes, seriously impressive car for the money. Don't miss the fuel consumption however :p

I LOVE TZ 700/750's!
Got to see a registered (thank the powers-that-be for 'Historic' registration) one a few years back too when I was up in Townsville along with a T500Mk3!
LOUD isn't really a suitable word!

Myself: 90kph on a moped, 105kph in a rental kart, about 135kph in a car... I don't have my full license yet so I need to be careful...

Passenger: 240kph on a motorcycle, 210kph in a Porsche 944... I ride in a 750hp Ford GT once, but the track was too small to go fast :(

My 170hp BMW i did 200km/h on my way to work everyday.

I have never tried to see what it will do and the roads i ran do not really allow for 170 horsepower to take 15 minutes to reach top speed :)
Unless you fancy taking turns that not only turn but has some elevation in the corner itself.

It´s an interesting feeling when the front end starts to move around at 200km/h :)
Interesting feeling meaning a change of underwear lol.

Remember i borrowed my dads Jeep and at 100km/h it felt like 300km/h, front end all over the place and felt like i was in a boat.

It was almost that you could turn the wheel 90 degrees and the thing would still be pointing straight :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%