PC1 What's the driving like?

I'm very intrigued about PCars and have been following the development for some time now, unfortunately I was not one of the lucky few that got in on the early access program. I know the game is still under development so the driving characteristics can and likely will change by the time it reaches v1.0 release but was curious if the driving is closer to Assetto Corsa or TDU2? I've driven both extensively and enjoy them both but they are very different so I'm wondering if PCars is closer to one or the other.

Thanks.

So here my answer to OT
Some cars feel really great (btw the demo of rf2 is just horrible) others are still WIP and are therefore atm not so great ... the community and the devs are doing a great job... devs do their best and the community gives great feedback on it ...

When was the last time you did try out pCARS?
I did just a few laps with a few cars Friday. The FFB is better in recent builds but, still lacks some detail. I know this is WIP and AC is the current standard for my taste in terms of handling. Regarding rF2, it takes some setup work to get the FFB right, adjusting the minimum force setting (controller.ini) for your wheel helps a lot.

I did just a few laps with a few cars Friday. The FFB is better in recent builds but, still lacks some detail. I know this is WIP and AC is the current standard for my taste in terms of handling. Regarding rF2, it takes some setup work to get the FFB right, adjusting the minimum force setting (controller.ini) for your wheel helps a lot.

Much detail missing on cold tires. Few laps, few cars, mean not real test. Pcars take too long to heat tires still.

It drives well in some car/tyre combos, much better than Shift 2 but not up to GSC or AC levels of realism, those sims have more realistic suspension and car response/movements which just aren't present in PCARS yet and may never be, who knows?

While some of the tyres modelled are very good (some aren't), its from the tyres upwards where it's lacking for me, also the steering lacks accuracy in many cars and doesn't react in a realistic accurate way.

Also the FFB is lacking on Logitech wheels, AC, Rfacttor and GSC et al have better FFB.

It's his opinion, so it has a point. What's the point of yours? :rolleyes:

It is his opinion but it's not a very well educated (WRT pCARS) one, but he does of course have the right to hold any opinion he so desires (and I have the right to criticize it).

I suppose I was thinking aloud trying to wrap my head around what his motivation for making that post were, sorry.

I'd like to see a poll from best to worst, on which cars (to date) users believe respond the most realistic.
I still get to try individual cars/tracks combinations every few builds on the shop's simulator...time permitting.
Some have improved quite a bit, while others have not.
Overall, SMS have improved PCARS quite a bit from what I remember.
Some of the small things really stand out.
I still think things like rumble-strip sounds, exhaust flames, cockpit graphics, etc... are better done by SMS than anyone else in simracing.
The LOD switching as the car goes away from camera still needs attention. It's distracting.
This weekend I got to try the BMW 320 Turbo GP5/ Belgium combo.
While the car felt good to drive straight on the track's surface, any off track excursions or hard cornering still exhibited the same "silly" unrealistic, high frequency roll relative to the vertical axis.
The high rate of roll is synonymous with a car having no mass.
That's an area SMS should look to copy from KS. The roll rate is spot on in Kunos Simulazioni models.
I need a general consensus of which combos guys like most and please.... no fighting.
I'm just trying to obtain this info to see which I should try next because of limited time.

Last edited:
Gt cars, fc and proto types I feel have improved lately :)
Any cars that have recently been added will most likely be using a place holder for physic.
You can check where each vehicle is at in its build on the WMD forum under vehicles, also any car that has been run in a weekly focus physic test.
Sorry at this point there's just too many cars to list by name and best to worst hopefully that helps :)
Could someone tell me how to bring up the tick rate to monitor?
And is tick rate the monitoring of what the physics are running at?

Cheers

Last edited:
^ Ctrl+S to bring up frame rate, tick rate and micro-seconds spent on physics per tick. Yes, the tick rate is the physics rate, running at 600Hz by default, and adjusted dynamically if required. The third number is an experimental debugging feature used to gather some test results.

Last edited:
I must admit I still find it strange that those who really seem to actively dislike SMS/pCARS, continue to frequent the forum for it. I know that people will say they have "every right" to come here.....but I personally really dislike Rap music.....should I go to a forum dedicated to that form of music and slag it off because I have "every right" to be there because I'm a music lover. No I do not, I frequent the forums of my favourite forms of music and leave the others I dislike well alone. It's exactly the same as Football, were knob end Liverpool fans go to Everton forums to take the piss/rag on Everton and Knob end Everton fans do like wise. If you don't like something and for two years can still find no real reason to like something then just stop trying......I've never seen such a pointless waste of time.

In response to Terry Rock, there's an excel file detailing the progress on the cars...not sure if I can post it here though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back