Whats the best mod and track?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends what you're into really.

If you like open wheelers, then I think the rF3 built into rFactor is good. Then there's the CTDP F1(2005) mod if you like the modern F1 cars (I prefer it over the MMG mod). Or there's the 1979 F1 mod for a nostalgia trip. Also the excellent Japanese F3 mod too.. There are lots more that I've been meaning to download.

If you like Touring or GT cars then there are even more to choose from. Personal favourites are the M3 GTR mod, the E90 and E21 mods (BMW theme I know!) Also the NAGT mod for a great selection of GT cars. Of course I can't go without mentioning the Meganes. Or maybe the PCC mod? :)

If you own GT Legends, then there are a good selection of cars that have been ported into the Historic GT mod.

Seriously, there are so many great mods, it's hard to not find something you'll like and get along with.

Trackwise - I've not found any I really don't like, so they're all enjoyable for me :wink2:

There are many great mods available. Too many to master them all, before I cleaned out my rfactor install I had gb's of mods installed. Like a kid in a sweet shop.

I know what you mean - it's too easy just to keep installing mod upon mod upon mod.. I got ruthless the other day and also cleaned my install, getting rid of the bad mods (Berlingos??!) and making sure the good ones were held onto.. I guess you need to experiment with mods anyway to make sure you don't miss any good ones :laugh2:

Thats what I'm like......download a mod, find out its crap or I don't like it and I forget all about it. Think I might clean alll the mods out too......do you just delete the folder or is there something eles?

I like the FBMW's don't really have a favourite track but I do like throwing the porsche's round Knockhill (only cause its the closest track to home and I have driven on it before)

Think I might clean alll the mods out too......do you just delete the folder or is there something eles?

The best way is to go into the rfm directory in rFactor and open the .rfm file the same name as the mod. Make a note of the custom directories (look in the ConfigOverrides section, towards the top of the file)

Once you identify what sections the mod uses, you can delete those folders and the rfm file itself (and any logos named the same, in the rfm directory) to completely remove the mod. Other things that may remain will be text files in the main rFactor directory. They're only small, so it's up to you if you remove them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%