What's the best F1 mod

I see a couple out there, ACFL being one of the main ones, however similar performance between all cars puts me off as I want it somewhat identical to real life. So with that in mind which is the best or go to Formula 1 mod out there?

Yes I agree does most certainly look the best, and more than happy to pay for such good craftsmanship. My only gripe though once downloading a career F1 2019 mod is that it seems all cars/drivers are equal, which is unrealistic, or am I missing something?

Yes I agree does most certainly look the best, and more than happy to pay for such good craftsmanship. My only gripe though once downloading a career F1 2019 mod is that it seems all cars/drivers are equal, which is unrealistic, or am I missing something?
The carreer probably only uses the F Hybrid 2019 20 times with different skins, so of course they all drive the same, it's only the one car. Carreer mods can't alter the physics, they only specify cars, tracks, conditions and points.

I once did a race with the F Hybrid Mods 2017, 2018 and 2019 together to get some variety into it. The Hybrids aren't really my thing that much so it was only the once, but if you own all the RSS F Hybrids maybe try that some time.

If you want differences between the teams or realistic performance and ACFL isn't your thing I'm afraid you'll have to play a certain Codemasters game.

Those 1986 cars, while visually unique, are all 100% physics clones of the Lotus 98T unfortunately. Any difference in how they perform is down to slight weight changes and setup only.

I'd think your best bet would be using the restrictor/ballast system on the RSS single make cars to alter the ultimate performance of the various skins in line with reality. With a bit of tinkering you can probably get lap times for each car roughly in line with how the cars are performing in reality.

There's also this
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferraris-opponents-2013-offline-edition.12188/
This mod features:
  • All 10 teams, 20 cars and drivers which competed against the F138
  • V10 tires, 4K liveries, full animations, individual 3d models and sounds
  • Working rear light pit indicator
  • Includes 4K skins for Massa and Alonso with yellow and black T-Cam
  • Singleplayer version for players who like to recreate a 2013 career experience
  • Power adjusted per team to reflect real-life differences
  • AI speed set ideally to challenge a human driver in the F138 who uses KERS
  • Can be installed next to the F.O. 2013 "League Edition"
I believe there's a custom career to go with it as well.

SimDream yes. Hence why I said "I think ASR" shweew! :laugh:
Its lazy for them to not even attach an author to it to see in CM.

I understood the physics of the car being that of the 98T but its still a hell of a fun pack and drive with each manufacture being modeled of their time.

No, I have content manager, but how do you make a particular car slower than another?
Above your opponents list next to the + button you have a button "Detailed settings", where you get a list of all your opponents and can set strength/aggression and add ballast or restrictor settings for each individual AI driver:
GEopZSZ.png

Well yes, but it's AI, the driver basically is the car. The restrictor lets the engine have less air, therefor limits horsepower. Ballast makes the car heavier. Between those two options you can recreate the power dynamic between teams quite well.

You can also use the restrictor and ballast options on your own car. I find this useful when I can beat AI opponents that are set to 100%.

I have an MX5 balanced save where I can basically just about match the best AI times if I drive practically perfect laps.

@Vic Flange Well beating the AI depends on where the AI fast lane came from ;) If its just some AI lane that someone made for the sake of it to get the track working, well... :D Also, do you have aggression set to 100%?
Howdy.
I have the aggression set to 40%. I find if it is any higher then the AI are just kamikaze pilots.
I only change the AI line if the performance is off with other types of car too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 67 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.9%