What's the best best software to record in game races with?

Hi guys, been playing alot of F1 2011 online recently and have decided to start recording some races.

I've been hunting around for a decent program i could use to record my races so i can put them up on Youtube afterwards.I've currently got Fraps but if i record at 60 FPS i lag in game a little and for 2:30 of footage it was almost 4GB!! I haven't tried lowering the FPS just yet because i wanted to ask here in the hope that someone has a better program i could use to record my races.

Please bare in mind that most races last for an hour or longer! I would like to record qual + the race if possible.

So... What do you guys use currently? Would be interesting to know...

Wow thats a lot to record! I use Fraps as well and at first I panicked about the amount of data it uses. But the longer you record with Fraps, it will start compressing the data more on it's own.

I don't know what to tell you about the results of recording footage for the length you want to record, all i can say is give it a try, see what happens.

Also when i record, i do it off my replay video and keep Fraps off during my race.

Upvote 0
Ah i see. I did not know that F1 2011 won't record your race replay as you play. My PS3 died so i can't play mine. GTL, Race07 and rFactor all record your online race as you play so i just assumed F1 2011 would.

Upvote 0
You can try MSI Afterburner it's free (it's an overclocking tool but it also include a video capture tool). You also have few options to make files smaller if you want (size and/or quality) or record uncompressed files like FRAPS.
Current version doesn't record sound i think, but the BETA does.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back