Whats stopping me buying RRe.

Msportdan

@Simberia
....its not the visuals, its not the sound - these both are superb. Its not the handling or physics - Although its no Rf2 its a fun game and handles in the semi realistic side of things. Its not the content tracks or cars.

Its the confusing way all the Dlc and stuff you pay for... I mean the single player update and the ADAC coming up... do we have to pay for these separely? I have RR installed so am I entitled to the single player update? I find it a bit silly that the DTM tracks cant be used for other RR cars (never was like this in previous expansion packs from simbin). Will the ADAC GT/WTTC be the same, where we can only use the cars and tracks withing the ADAC GT/WTTC series?

I want to buy this but massively put off, by the unclear information around. Whatexactly is incoming for this game DLC and update wise?

cheers
Any help appreciated :)

the single player update is just an engine update...it applies across the board. the devs say all cars will be upgraded physics-wise but the first will be the adac GT3 cars.

re: the DTM tracks, supposedly this had something to do with the cost of getting the license. they couldnt make certain tracks available outside of that DLC (as i understand it anyway). my hope is in the future not only will all tracks be available but there will be some kind of pricing model for both R3E & dlc experiences that incorporates the content. so for example if you buy the ADAC dlc, youll own the cars & tracks in singleplayer. if you own the cars & tracks in singleplayer, youll get a proportionate discount...have to pay twice for content is another big stumbling area. i suppose a simpler alternative to all this is to just price the DLC much more aggressively.

gt masters dlc will tell us a lot about the direction its headed imo & id just wait for that to see how it looks.

i agree the business model is confusing & really off-putting. there was a sale over the summer where everything was half-off, & at that price i was comfortable buying the tracks, DTM-E & cars. before that they had started weekly sales (every thursday) & there was good stuff to take advantage of there, but im not sure if theyre still doing that or not...would hope so.

but yeah ive been saying for some time, & i think they know & are working on it, the business model atm just isnt good for a lot of reasons.

We've been assured the ADAC GT Masters content will not be locked away as a standalone experience as with the DTM licence. It will be part of R3E so ADAC cars can be run on R3E tracks and R3E cars can be used on ADAC tracks.....at least that's my understanding of it.

Single player and multiplayer will be added to the core engine of R3E. You only pay for content, not features and modes.

I agree it's confusing. Such is the way with free-to-play games sometimes.

Being that it is still in early Beta, hasn't been in production that long compare to others like Ac or Pcars, there is still pretty good feature available at this current state, But with that said i will agree that it can be a bit confusing since some of the base feature (single player ai , online) are currently not available as part of the core game as of yet.

Single and Multiplayer was always part of what would come to the game so it will eventually get there no matter what.
Adac pricing will be interesting for sure since most of the track for Adac are also currently in the game/dtm. They will need to price according to what people already bought, if not it could get messy.

As of now this title future has not look any brighter and i am all in. Excited and waiting for everything to come together. I am hoping that we will be able to get some leagues going soon, its already pretty good online with it being in Alpha only.

@Msportdan , i would say jump in man its awesome, Can't get enough

You have clearly not met @Sonat Ozturk in real life, beauty doesn't describe the experience!

lol.gif

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing