What's still missing in AC?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Think we can all agree that we adore this sim but despite the fact the game has reached version 1.x it's far from completed.

Personally I don't understand why AC was labeled 1.0, with some very basic sim racing features missing compared to competing titles on the PC sim racing market, and not just kept early access until all work was done.

To just have an overview of what's still missing I'd like to hear your opinion in this discussion thread.

What's absolutely needed to call AC complete?

Ferrari f50
Ferrari 250 GTO
Ferrari f355 berlinetta manual not f1
Ferrari 512tr/m
Lamborghini diablo se30 jota
BMW M1
BMW M3 E36 gt/lightweight
Alfa Romeo tipo33/2 stadale
Ford gt GT3
Ford gt40 mk1 gulf livery
Ford Mustang Shelby GT350r
Camaro Z28

Out of all those the f355 and the f50 I want the most :). But with the best sound reproduction you can manage kunos, THE BEST or nothing at all ;)

Racing:
* A true non-cutting system (I'm happy that stupid slow-down was removed, tho)
* Audio queues additional to flags
* Flying starts? Not sure if that's in? So far i only started standing.

Server Browser:
* Ability to filter by car (i should be able to filter servers allowing for example the McLaren)
* Ability to filter by track
* Ability to filter by session type

General Game:
* Being able to change car while in offline session
* Tie the game together - it's now switching between different DirectX "screens" for racing and the menu. Not only does recording cancel out everytime you start or end a driving session, it should also make Steam broadcasts reset all the time.
* VoIP?
* Steamworks? Ist it in? Don't know.

That's it for now :)
More when i come back at my PC and launch AC :D

Racing:
* A true non-cutting system (I'm happy that stupid slow-down was removed, tho)
* Audio queues additional to flags
* Flying starts? Not sure if that's in? So far i only started standing.

Server Browser:
* Ability to filter by car (i should be able to filter servers allowing for example the McLaren)
* Ability to filter by track
* Ability to filter by session type

General Game:
* Tie the game together - it's now switching between different DirectX "screens" for racing and the menu. Not only does recording cancel out everytime you start or end a driving session, it should also make Steam broadcasts reset all the time.
* VoIP?
* Steamworks? Ist it in? Don't know.

That's it for now :)
More when i come back at my PC and launch AC :D
* Ability to filter
You can use the server search tool for content searching. For example if you type in bmw m3, will show all servers having that car, if you type dtm, will show only the dtm cars. Or gt3, gt2 etc, works with any word that is part of the cars. Track search is also available, as well as server name obviously. A filter list/button with all the content might be too much for the Server UI, so a word search is ideal. You can already use filters to decrease or increase which types or servers are listed, and also show or not modded/dlc content.

You obviously need to exit the session to change your car, so yes, that's already part of the game, any game. That's how games are built, all the car and map assets need to be loaded beforehand.

Filter - oh, didn't know that. Thanks for the tip.

Change car - Ya, i made a mistake here. Was a bit confused as it seems :D
Actually i was referring to multi-car servers. Being forced to disconnect / search server / pick other car / connect again isn't a very convinient way.

Filter - oh, didn't know that. Thanks for the tip.

Change car - Ya, i made a mistake here. Was a bit confused as it seems :D
Actually i was referring to multi-car servers. Being forced to disconnect / search server / pick other car / connect again isn't a very convinient way.
Ok, thanks for clearing. You meant Online, without having to exit the server. Yep I'd like that too, along with track rotation. So if the server has auto track rotation or through voting, after it changes to the new track, we maybe could change cars if we want. But I don't know if and how they can put such selection menu where you're already in the session, so to change cars you'd always need to exit and use the list, select car, then press join again.

Possibility to assign functions to buttons on wheel/button box etc, like in all other sims. While it's good that there's those on screen options and I want them to stay too. But there should be possibility to assign functions properly in controllers.

In example, in other sims I have seat adjustments in my DSD button box topside's switches.

That system keeps me away from iRacing. The rating system is fine, but being forced to spent time with slow cars, which I dont eant to drive sucks.

You can literally graduate from a rookie license in iRacing in one day though and then you can race whatever you want after that if you own the content. Everyone starts out driving the Miata and its honestly not bad at all, it will really familiarize you with iRacing's physics.

Anyway the actual problem is the MX5/Street Stock series give an unrealistic idea of how much choice you'll actually get to race in iRacing... once you graduate to higher licenses you find out for most cars, there are only a couple SOF races per week (for those not in iR: races where there's a whole grid worth of fast drivers) and in some series, only a couple a day where participation minimums are met (again: races where there's a whole grid at all - if it's low, you don't score irating or championship points). It doesn't end up much better than leagues in other games, just that a company is taking your $10 a month to organize it and it's completely closed to modding or offline play.

I'd speculate that having to pay so much for content splinters the community, but I think really it's just that people want different things, and not many people want to drive any given series.

I doubt you'll see any "big" updates from AC now.

Content churning and paid for DLC are the order of the day now.

If that means they can then invest time in fixing all the details in AC great, never mind adding new features... yet another waiting for a year and a half to see if what we get is what we hope for.

I'm certainly not opening my wallet again until some hard promises are made to give me at least some faith that it'll happen.

First off. There's no truth here, it's basically everyones personal preference.

So my wishes are, some more classic tracks. Like laguna seca, suzuka, road atlanta and bathurst for example are amazing to drive tracks that would be lovely laserscanned in this sim.

I'd really wish for some hard core netkar style content, like really rewarding formula ford style cars.

First off. There's no truth here, it's basically everyones personal preference.

So my wishes are, some more classic tracks. Like laguna seca, suzuka, road atlanta and bathurst for example are amazing to drive tracks that would be lovely laserscanned in this sim.

I'd really wish for some hard core netkar style content, like really rewarding formula ford style cars.

Haven't you've been searching in the Assetto Corsa Tabs in the download links? We got those now! Check it under Tracks. You'll find plenty of it!

The tracks I've been trying it out looks sooo amazing. You mods did a great job making these tracks. Thank you!!

Yes I have mod tracks of those, but I was talking about high quality laser scanned tracks.

Well modded tracks can get very close to laser scanned tracks.

For a lot of tracks the detail on offer might even be better as community made, by really good modders, vs the AC official tracks. Mainly because the AC tracks are made to a time/budget, while mod ones are not.

OK pure accuracy, no not as good, but the 'feel' and character of tracks will be just as good or better in my view :)

Dave

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years