What's still missing in AC?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Think we can all agree that we adore this sim but despite the fact the game has reached version 1.x it's far from completed.

Personally I don't understand why AC was labeled 1.0, with some very basic sim racing features missing compared to competing titles on the PC sim racing market, and not just kept early access until all work was done.

To just have an overview of what's still missing I'd like to hear your opinion in this discussion thread.

What's absolutely needed to call AC complete?

* Real automatic transmission mode. (As like as in City Car Driving or BeamNG Drive)
Why I propose this? Maybe driving an M3 it's not necessary but it may be enjoying for the mod cars (especially US muscle cars)

* Better damage realism. Not only visual, for example; if a driver hit the wall @ 180 km/h, his car should not move more

* 4WD support. This is absolutely necessary

* Better controller setup.

* Various weather conditions. (Rain, Snow, fog)

* Maybe night driving

Regards,

Last edited:
Personally I don't understand why AC was labeled 1.0, with some very basic sim racing features missing compared to competing titles on the PC sim racing market, and not just kept early access until all work was done.

The feature set 1.0 got does seem very much aligned with pro sim user needs, rather than sim racer needs.

If you look at what pro sim users need they don't care about things like weather, ai, flag rules, proper starts, etc etc... they just care about the tracks and being able to hot lap on their own... which is exactly what AC does best right now.

Roll on the updates that make AC an actual game for sim racers I say!

Dave

The feature set 1.0 got does seem very much aligned with pro sim user needs, rather than sim racer needs.

If you look at what pro sim users need they don't care about things like weather, ai, flag rules, proper starts, etc etc... they just care about the tracks and being able to hot lap on their own... which is exactly what AC does best right now.

Well we can probably all agree Greger Huttu is pro sim racer and I'm pretty sure he doesn't waste much time on a hotlap simulator. Static hotlapping becomes boring quickly. Rather he races in world league to gain prize money and league racing again requires good MP, flag rules, starts, etc.

Well we can probably all agree Greger Huttu is pro sim racer and I'm pretty sure he doesn't waste much time on a hotlap simulator. Static hotlapping becomes boring quickly. Rather he races in world league to gain prize money and league racing again requires good MP, flag rules, starts, etc.
Yes but Greger Huttu is not a pro driver of a real car. He's a sim racer. Which is the point that Dave was making.
Professional simulators do not have all of these things. They have the car and the track, and that's about it.

I agree that AC is missing functionality, some very basic and some that it must be included as its already provided by their competition. Still this does not stop me to enjoy driving it. The experience of driving AC compensates many of the features it lacks.

AC is a fantastic simulator encapsulated in a not the best of the functional environments.

Yes but Greger Huttu is not a pro driver of a real car. He's a sim racer. Which is the point that Dave was making.
Professional simulators do not have all of these things. They have the car and the track, and that's about it.

Thanks for clarifying.

It seems like a subtle difference but when you see what pro sim users really need, it's pretty basic stuff really vs actual competitive sim racing.

It's probably because that is what KS does best, so it's what we've got so far at the v1.0 stage.

I look forward to the future of AC but I think it's still gonna be a year or so yet until all the features we'd expect from seasonal racing sims/games to be added into AC!

Dave

All Blancpain series cars:
- ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE V12 GT3
- AUDI R8 LMS ULTRA
- BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT3

- BMW Z4 GT3
status-up.png

- CORVETTE Z06 G
- EMIL FREY JAGUAR G3
- FERRARI 458 ITALIA GT3
- LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO GT3 FL II
- MCLAREN MP4-12C
status-up.png

- MERCEDES-BENZ SLS AMG GT3
status-up.png

- NISSAN GT-R NISMO GT3
- PORSCHE 997 GT3-R
- SARENI CAMARO GT3
status-up.png

Last edited:
Too many issues i don´t like in Assetto Corsa. Make it short: Play Raceroom Racing Experience and feel the difference. This game is close to perfect in my opinion. Only the nice forcefeedback i like more with some cars and the F1-Mods (both). With very speedy cars i like AC, but with GT-cars and slower it feels much to slow. Even on my bicycle i have more speed-immersion.

.......... With very speedy cars i like AC, but with GT-cars and slower it feels much to slow. Even on my bicycle i have more speed-immersion.

We have to make this discussion on official cars only because the bad physics, bad realism, bad graphics, etc. of "some" mod cars is not a fault of Kunos. Between the official cars, I agree with you on BMW M3 E30 only; its acceleration and top speed values are not real enough. I feel driving like a 3.20i or 3.25i. In 90's, I had chance to drive various E30's (incl. M3) and I didn't like the power realism of AC's M3.

I apologize for my basic English.

Regards,

Last edited:
Between the official cars, I agree with you on BMW M3 E30 only; its acceleration and top speed values are not real enough. I feel driving like a 3.20i or 3.25i. In 90's, I had chance to drive various E30's (incl. M3) and I didn't like the power realism of AC's M3.
What you like or not, doesn't make it a fact that the official car in the game is simulated wrongly. Can you at least be more objective and post some data between the real life car and the car from the game? That's how misunderstandings are made, when people post subjectively on what they think they know or experienced 20 years ago with something.

What you like or not, doesn't make it a fact that the official car in the game is simulated wrongly. Can you at least be more objective and post some data between the real life car and the car from the game? That's how misunderstandings are made, when people post subjectively on what they think they know or experienced 20 years ago with something.

I'm afraid you misunderstood me. (Maybe due to my basic English). I'm not saying it was a mistake in the technical specifications given on datasheet of the car. I'm talking about the feel of driving. The real E30 M3 is more powerful car and hard to drive it. The AC's E30 has a smooth driving and -maybe not on datasheet but- give the feeling as less powerful car. To control it on the track is like a 3.20, more easy than real E30 M3.

I hope I've explained correctly what I mean.

Regards,

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 270 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 181 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 181 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 133 7.5%