What's on your SIM?

Having thousands of potential combinations, I thought it would be interesting to see an anonymous straw-poll of user SIM configurations, and popularity of peripherals.

Click as many relevant boxes if you need to. Sorry if I've left anything out!

Last edited:
I'm always stunned when I see Pictures of the amazing Rigs that some Guys have here :thumbsup:
Those propably are more Happy to share it (not that this is a bad thing), while People like me, with Single-Screen, Belt-Driven Wheel etc are almost embarassed to show what they got:redface:.

Upvote 0
My Post was also meant to encourage others with simpler setups to vote- I just thought it was a bit unlikely that really more than half of the Simracers use DD Wheels. But what do I know, maybe it's true for those registered at Racedepartment?
But, by now, at least 14 People don't have an H-Shifter!!!:confused:
Don't they know they miss half the Fun?

Upvote 0
I'm always stunned when I see Pictures of the amazing Rigs that some Guys have here :thumbsup:
Those propably are more Happy to share it (not that this is a bad thing), while People like me, with Single-Screen, Belt-Driven Wheel etc are almost embarassed to show what they got:redface:.
A lot of the time, for me at least, these rigs have been built over years and added to as and when the time and money are more freely available.
When I started out it was a used G25 and a wheelstand Pro. Over the years that was upgraded to Fanatec belt drive, load cell pedals, alu prof rig and triples.
DD wheelbase is on the upgrade path next, not only for immersion and to obtain higher fidelity, but also as the old kit is starting to show its age, (and requires more regular repairs and maintenance to keep it all running).

When you start a hobby, you should never really jump in with the best of the best kit, unless money really isn't even a thought at all for you. It's something that you try out with minimal kit and upgrade as you become more and more hooked on the hobby. That's my personal take on this anyway. I always like seeing what people have and then to hear about the upgrades as they fall down the sim racing addiction rabbit hole... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I was actually not that serious when I posted that- I really like to see other Rigs too! And we all have different priorities in Life- that can change over time.
And in the moment, my humble Simracing-Corner is overshadowed by the Wall of Guitar amplifiers next to it!!!:roflmao:
Having two expensive Hobbies where you can spend insane amounts of money means just that you have to priorize what comes next- I think my G27 Pedals are overdue...:)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 374 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing