Whats mean by Steer Assist in Ferrari F2002 setup menu ??

Q9xr0RV.jpg

Thanks

here is what it is actually doing, if you dont already know, its the only ffb parameter in the car data files other than ffmult which is obviously just a multiplier.

"Steer assist is a variable power steering. It doesnt work on speed but it works on the amount of force. It's basically a gamma function, I use gamma functions a lot in AC.
So let's say you have a FF input from -1 to 1 (it's the job of the ffmult to get the actual torque and scale it down to a normalized -1 , 1 range)... the resulting FF after the steer assist will be:

assist_ff=input_ff^steer_assist

The job of steer assist is to allow the driver to feel the steer "full" at low speed with cars with heavy downforce without killing his arms if the car is going through a corner at 200kmh. The rule for steer assist is very simple:

Are you doing a F1/LMS or other VERY high downforce car designed in the last 10/15 years?

yes ? experiment with steer assist value below 1 only AFTER you've tuned the ffmult to give you a good range of forces in the -1..1 area
no? steer assist is 1"

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...concerning-ffb-differences.26638/#post-543793

Could I only know if it changes or making easier drifting or not? If yes then how do I delete it pernamently from data?
It could make drifting harder because steering can be less stable on center. If a car has it then you delete it by removing it from the setup.ini. And make sure STEER_ASSIST=1.0 in car.ini (this is the 'off' value)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing