whats happened to the site?

was wondering who messed up the racedepartment?
was on last night at about 8pm GMT and all was as normal and working fine, i switch on this morning and sign in to find what i think is a new skin applied and the site practically impossible to navigate round( buttons missing etc). took me ages to get into the forum and keep having to use the back buttons to get back to main index from threads, not good when you just want a quick look.
Please could someone give the person resposible a good whack round the back of the head and tell them to sort it out cheers.

Yes, the search option (especially the whats new button) has a dramatic impact on the performance. We replaced it with google search (right part of the navbar) google search which apart being fast also gives better results back.

• Deleted member 6919

Bram, so are we unable to search the forums full stop now, ie specific subject or person?

Also i'm still finding the forums really slow compared to what use to be like a few weeks ago.

Is it just me or has the Forum become incredibly slow over the past few days. :confused:

I'm regularly finding that I can't even get in, it just times out. Then when I can get in, it can take from 15 to 45 secs to open a tread, again, it often just times out.

Whenever I have this problem (quite often :rolleyes: ), I then check other sites and have no problems. I've even tried changing to Firefox (instead of IE 9) and get no difference. :frown:

Is it just me or has the Forum become incredibly slow over the past few days. :confused:

I'm regularly finding that I can't even get in, it just times out. Then when I can get in, it can take from 15 to 45 secs to open a tread, again, it often just times out.

Whenever I have this problem (quite often :rolleyes: ), I then check other sites and have no problems. I've even tried changing to Firefox (instead of IE 9) and get no difference. :frown:

Yep, was just about to post it here aswell, I thought it was something on my end, but every other website runs at normal speed.

i ain't seen any news about a new server yet, but is this one a option?

does anyone where this shoe is used for? i do :D
4212538137_cb286fa126.jpg

@scott: i am discussing with Dave & Xose at the moment if we should post some kind of road map for the coming weeks. There is a lot of (exciting) news to tell but before I give it away I am going to discuss it first.

Bottomline: problems will be solved soon'ish and I am sure everybody will be very happy with what is in the pipeline :love:

I must say Bram, im on a 50MB connection, every website i visit they go really fast, 1 week ago for 6 days this website went very slow, but for the past 7 days it has been perfectly fine for me.

I am all to familiar with Server costs to run websites, im a admin at a video hosting website, we have to pay out $600 or so a month for the bandwidth, it's alot of money when you rely on the community month by month.

You guy's are doing a fantastic job, people cannot complain as this is free of charge, but maybe a subscription pack could be in place?
$5 for the month and no waiting to download mods (or faster speed to download the mods)

There's alot of ideas to play with, you just have to approach them right and i know the aim is to keep this a free run website, donations are key to the upkeep of the Website.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back