F1 2011 Whats happened to Race Department for F1 2011

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
RD for F1 2010 was the only place to be, setups mods general discussion etc etc.. where has everybody gone?

Still no Mods forum, hardly any new post patch 2 setups being posted - no Ryan Hamilton, Viktor Anderson, and the others, whats happened?

lol for once a Volvo came out badly - they usually cause the accident but escape scot free ;)

Yes he has ...... ;)

crumpled_volvo.JPG

Without a mods forum, modding is dead. There is no where else on the net to go for F1 2011 mods and we lost all the info we had gathered and shared in the posts. We can't even download older mods etc... I check daily to see if anything is backup, but nothing yet. General discussion is just the usual inane chit chat so I don't read or post much there now. I think this is my first post since the layout change.

Modding...

I doubt people are going to post links in the main forum about mods etc, as admin were pretty anal about that in the old forum moving posts etc. you couldn't even ask questions about mods in new threads in the old mod forum, they all got put into one big thread where they got lost or ignored.

oh and patch 2 was another failure that complicates matters further. Suffice to say, I have patch 1 and only a few files from patch 2 as I quite like being able to save my game etc. until an up to date and stable version of the game is available, it's not worth modding. I am sticking with pre patch 2 for now.

I think what people are forgetting is that the world doesn't revolve around the F1 2011 mods at Racedepartment.

The forum will come back, when it's ready

The downloads will come back, when it's ready

This sort of stuff doesn't happen overnight. Playstation or Xbox live might go down for a night or a day for maintenance but those services (one you have to pay $60/yr for) are staffed by hundreds (or thousands) of people. This site is run by a few VOLUNTEERS on donations. It will take longer. Have some freaking patience! I see this sort of behavior on other projects (PSP hacking, icEnhancer) all that time and it irritates the hell out of me (and I'm just a spectator!). People can be really ungrateful.

sorry, I just had to put my $0.02 in, thanks Bram and the staff for your hard work the past while! *donated*

</rant>

Anyway, I have been staying away from F1 2011 due to the mess created by patch 1 and the wait for patch 2. Now that it is out and seems to have fixed what patch 1 broke, I will be trying to come back. I am sure this is the case with a lot of the modders looking to improve Ai, tyres, career mode etc. (and even the guys that are modding liveries etc. they won't make them if they aren't playing the game themselves...)

avete fatto un grande lavoro, grazie a tutti:) , sono sicuro che presto funzionerà anche la pagina dedicata ai MOD;) , siete fantastici ciao.
you did a great job, thank you all, I'm sure that soon will work at the page dedicated to the mod, you are fantastic hello.
P.S. spero che la traduzione sia fedele al mio pensiero ( P.S. I hope that the translation is true to my thoughts ):)

I suggested (at least I think I did :confused:) that a temporary mods discussion section be created, (to go along side the media section etc) to focus the modding people into one area, until the download section is back again. At least then we would have a contained area where to talk about mods, people could post their own links to mods, and generally keep the modding ticking over until everything is back to normal.

Everything wont be back to normal thats the whole issue :) Our host will have to update the DNS of the old server first in order for us to use it again.

We can then only link to the old files and we will let everybody download all their favorite content until the 22nd of December. On that day the old server will go offline (we are paying double server costs now and rapidly running out of resources).

After that date we need a new download solution for this forum and people will have to a) create new content or b) reupload their old mods.

The old forum was based on vBulletin software and the downloads area was a modification. It's not possible to convert this one on one to our current software Xenforo. (apples and oranges)

Bram.

On the re-download of old MODS when it becomes available, are we still having the 250mb limit per day in place?

I only ask as some people may want to download quite a lot of content before it becomes completely unavailable, and with the amount of days left before the 22nd Dec it could be a possibility that they will struggle to get them all perhaps.

I presume this connection to the old server will apply for all game MODS not just F1 2011.

Will apply for all games indeed and no download limits so let her smoke :)

I think all modders have backups of their original mods (i am sure the RDDev guys have) and they can reupload all their work on a new system once its in place.

Or maybe we can find a better solution.

Thanks for the answer Bram.

Not sure if there is a better solution, or infact if one is actually needed.

Might be good to start from fresh again, will save on all the older MODS that have since been improved on.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%