Whats going on?

Hi guys - still working on my first track (been a long time coming) I have been making a fantasy track for GTR2/RaceON etc....

I've had it set up and running in GTR2 with 20 cars in the grid without issues, when i exported out to Race On it maxes out at a limit of 8! Whats going on here?

What do i need to adjust to get the grid up to 20?????

Cheers for any help... (eventually i'll get this track done....)
Kiwidemon

Anyone????

I've tried changing a few lines in the .gbd file in the track directory - and all that succeeds in doing is making the track disappear from the game - is this the correct file to edit, and if so how do you edit it without it vanishing from the game...

Kiwidemon

anyone

Anyone????

I've tried changing a few lines in the .gbd file in the track directory - and all that succeeds in doing is making the track disappear from the game - is this the correct file to edit, and if so how do you edit it without it vanishing from the game...

Kiwidemon

Cheers for the thoughts guys....everytime I edit the *.gdb file the game drops the track (makes it unavailable)

As for the AIW file - is there a particular area I should be looking???

I read somewhere that all these files are encrytped - surely you wouldnt be able to open them in wordpad/notepad if that was the case - my question here is: are they already de-crypted??

Any help appreciated - I want to get this track released to the community before I get too old! :D
Kiwidemon

BINGO! finally got it sorted - seems that the GDB file doesnt agree with being edited in NOTEPAD - swapped over the wordpad and away it went.

Now though i have another issue - the opponents keep running out of fuel on me at around 6-8 laps - the track is short at only 3.9km - how/what do i edit to get them to be able to complete a race? When i put in the distace in the GDB file at say 3.92km the distance in the load screen comes up at something strange like 6.6km (for example) is this anything to do with it??

Any help appreciated,
kiwidemon.

Hi All,

I've tried adjusting the file as Erwin Greven has suggested - next question is how the number relates to the game??? I've seen tracks with all sorts of numbers in that line....

simply adding a 1 or 2 to the front still has them coming up short of the race end or their pit stop - Ideally they should be able to complete around the same amount of laps as the car Im using shouldthey not??? How can this fuel economy be matched?

Cheers,
Kiwidemon

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%