What's Going On WIth Fanatec ?

Does anyone know what is going on with Fanatec kit (UK) at the moment ? Just been on their site to order a CSL Elite starter wheel /base but only two podium bundles available, no CSL or Clubsport bases or bundles at all. I like reading about the hardware reviews on RD but where are you all getting this kit from ???

Does anyone know what is going on with Fanatec kit (UK) at the moment ? Just been on their site to order a CSL Elite starter wheel /base but only two podium bundles available, no CSL or Clubsport bases or bundles at all. I like reading about the hardware reviews on RD but where are you all getting this kit from ???
I just took a look, and they seem to be out of stock on nearly everything. If you select racing wheel/ bases on the home page, and the scroll down and select "configure your system", you can then scroll down and see that nearly all the CSL stuff is out of stock, and "coming shortly"
It's probably a Covid-19 problem, and the stuff is stuck In a sea container in customs somewhere.
Funnily enough, I ordered a nascar wheel and a podium hub over Easter, and they were there in three days. I was just lucky. I guess, they were( and still are), in stock.
Either you'll have to wait, or work out how to slide a monster upgrade to a podium set past your wife :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
also, fanatec has been selling a ton more units than usual not just cause of 'rona, but most of the us just got a free $1400 check recently. I know just about everyone that I watch on twitch that didnt have a dd, has ordered or recieved a new dd base in the past month.

Upvote 0
also, fanatec has been selling a ton more units than usual not just cause of 'rona, but most of the us just got a free $1400 check recently. I know just about everyone that I watch on twitch that didnt have a dd, has ordered or recieved a new dd base in the past month.
I roll my eyes every time this gets commented. I wish people would just think on their own and not just accept whatever marketing/business speak script response that they get.

If Fanatec is having trouble securing chips, why did they lower the price of the F1 set by $100 and offer a never before seen discount on the CSL Elite + wheelbase and ClubSport BMW/Porsche wheel?

Companies don't lower prices on products in high demand that they're having manufacturing troubles making supply to meet.

Fanatec is renewing the CSL/CSW line. It's obvious. The Universal Hub was like 7 years old. Both of the CSW Formula (non V2) wheels were obsolete because the GT3 is just better in every way. The CSW and CSL are not bad, but they're based on nearly 10 year old technology.

But their customer support will NOT acknowledge a new product is coming. Apple won't tell you their iPad is out of stock because a new iPad is coming. They'll use generic COVID delays/"We are working hard to replenish this product, sorry for the inconvenience" responses.

The CSL 1.1 is only "2 years" old, but really it's older than that.
The internals are exactly the same as the CSL Elite PS4 wheelbase which came out 4 years ago in 2017.
When did it release? Around June. When did the CSL 1.1 release? Around June in 2019.

CSW 2.5 released in March, so we're a little bit passed that, but again, that's now 4 years old.
The entire CSL/CSW line-up is getting long in the tooth. And sort of redundant. I know the CSW is "better" than the CSL, but the difference isn't that big and I talked about it on my YT channel. They've been long overdue for a "new" form factor. The CSW 2.5 was what, the third version of that form factor? And both of those wheelbases have been around even longer than CSL Elite 1/CSW 1.0. The original CSR Elite was the same form factor as the CSW and the CSR became the CSL Elite.
These designs are going on 10 years old.

Upvote 0
On top of the above mentioned causes you can add the recent delays do to the ship barricade in the Suez Canal. This is solved but still a couple of weeks extra logistics times. E.g. harbour Rotterdam very busy and boat jams.

Upvote 0
I roll my eyes every time this gets commented. I wish people would just think on their own and not just accept whatever marketing/business speak script response that they get.

If Fanatec is having trouble securing chips, why did they lower the price of the F1 set by $100 and offer a never before seen discount on the CSL Elite + wheelbase and ClubSport BMW/Porsche wheel?

Companies don't lower prices on products in high demand that they're having manufacturing troubles making supply to meet.

Fanatec is renewing the CSL/CSW line. It's obvious. The Universal Hub was like 7 years old. Both of the CSW Formula (non V2) wheels were obsolete because the GT3 is just better in every way. The CSW and CSL are not bad, but they're based on nearly 10 year old technology.

But their customer support will NOT acknowledge a new product is coming. Apple won't tell you their iPad is out of stock because a new iPad is coming. They'll use generic COVID delays/"We are working hard to replenish this product, sorry for the inconvenience" responses.

The CSL 1.1 is only "2 years" old, but really it's older than that.
The internals are exactly the same as the CSL Elite PS4 wheelbase which came out 4 years ago in 2017.
When did it release? Around June. When did the CSL 1.1 release? Around June in 2019.

CSW 2.5 released in March, so we're a little bit passed that, but again, that's now 4 years old.
The entire CSL/CSW line-up is getting long in the tooth. And sort of redundant. I know the CSW is "better" than the CSL, but the difference isn't that big and I talked about it on my YT channel. They've been long overdue for a "new" form factor. The CSW 2.5 was what, the third version of that form factor? And both of those wheelbases have been around even longer than CSL Elite 1/CSW 1.0. The original CSR Elite was the same form factor as the CSW and the CSR became the CSL Elite.
These designs are going on 10 years old.
Thanks for this very detailed response, appreciated and useful. Guess I'll wait for whatever the "new" product or line turns out to be

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 307 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing