what you done to align triple monitors?

Recently purchased a sim-lab 100/200 triple monitor stand. Pleased with the construction, and very glad I got the heavier model, it is rock solid.

However, I can see no way to make fine adjustments to align monitors properly. My right one sits lower than the left, and neither right or left align properly in the vertical plane, the top of both of them tip inwards, so there is no way they can fit flush to the center monitor. Sim-labs makes an expensive solution with an adapter of some sort that attaches between the monitor and the VESA mount, though it is out of stock.
Neither arm is level, and there is no way I can see to adjust them.
Putting a level on the top of my center monitor, it is not close to level compared to the cross piece of the stand.

So far, the Invidia software has not helped, but I will work on that more today, see if I cannot at least get the image on the right screen to align with the image on the center screen. I have worked with it, but so far have not gotten great results.

I would guess I am not the only one with this issue, regardless of the stand you are using.
Any ideas on how to tackle this?

I now wonder if I should have made one of the DIY wood stands I saw built on youtube, it would take a lot of fiddling around, but it would be possible to at least move the VESA mount independent of the arms.

Thanks for any help.

Having the same problem as you since purchasing the same triple mount.. I spotted back in January a new addition to the Sim-Labs site the "Vario Vesa Adapter kit (3 pieces)". I instantly preordered this.

I can safely say it was the best 'low cost' sim racing purchase I've made! Barry reviewed it a few weeks ago

Unlike the original kit where you bolt the vesa plate to the arms, then add the monitor to find it all needs to be disassembled to adjust a few mm, this allows in place adjustment with ease!

RECOMMENDED

Upvote 0
From the pictures I´ve seen online it should be possible to loosen the bolts for the "side arms" a little and adjust them to get them level.

Then loosen the monitor (Vesa) mounts a little and shove/tilt them until they fit.
I build myself a rig with triple monitor mounts from second hand aluminium profiles with cheap Vesa mounts from Amazon.
They are "good enough" for me even though they are not rock solid. If i happen to shove against a monitor i have to readjust manually. (Just reach forward and shove or pull until they align again)

As much as i like the technical properties and execution of the Vario mounts, it´s a lot of money for a little convenience.
I´d consider using them if I had very big and heavy monitors and could **** money.
Until then I´ll save up some more and put the money into a better H-pattern shifter.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
I have the same triple stand. This replaced my NLR stand which was not easy to work with.

I found it essential to align displays with 2 people. Once I had someone to hold the outboard displays while tightening bolts, I could fairly easily achieve “perfect” alignment.

I see no need for sim-labs special alignment solution.

Upvote 0
I was able to get mine pretty aligned without the vario vesa mounts. The thing to understand is that 8020 isn’t perfectly square and the joints typically have some play in them. The weight of the monitors will make the whole thing lean forward just a bit and the feet don’t attach in a robust enough way to keep the feet/legs interface perfectly square. So I had to put some cardboard under the front feet to compensate for that. If the main legs aren’t perfectly vertical you’ll never get the rest of it set up right. I ordered some leveling feet from 8020.net to replace the cardboard but haven’t installed them yet.

The side arms are the other main issue. For those, I found that if you loosen the four bolts holding them just a bit then re-tighten while pulling up on the end, you can fix up to 2 degrees of sag.

The other important thing to know is that not all levels are level. The best measuring device I found was a bubble level app on my iPad. It measures to the .01 degree and when placed in the slot of the profile without a case and on the side that doesn’t have buttons it was very accurate and repeatable. Using these methods I was able to get all the profiles to be within 0.4 degrees of horizontal/vertical and my display looks great as a result.

The VESA brackets themselves also have some play, but I got lucky and they happened to be well aligned the last time I put them together.

Finally, I found that it was pretty important to align the center of monitors at my eye level. That helped quite a bit.

All that said, I was able to get the vario VESA mounts a couple weeks ago when they were in stock for a day or two, but I haven’t set them up yet.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years